Weather ... again

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
niemeyjt

Weather ... again

#321 Post by niemeyjt »

Hotrodder wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:13 amFor morons like those, fully autonomous cars looks like a good idea.
For morons like those, the train looks like a good idea.

Blaze

Weather ... again

#322 Post by Blaze »

Just looked at the weather forecast for tomorrow evening - we're on first aid duty at a fête celebrating the arrival of the yachts racing from Quebec. It looks as if PC Rain will be on duty and it could be pretty severe. Unless there's a punch up in a bar, people are likely to be off the streets so we'll take a good book and some music to listen to !!

tagh

Weather ... again

#323 Post by tagh »

Have not been able to cut grass for days until this afternoon. Poor old mower is struggling. Where the he k is Summer?

exile

Weather ... again

#324 Post by exile »

In the words of Flanders and Swann (taking off the poem by Sara Coleridge)

In July the sun is hot.
Is it sunny? No it's not.

RobertArthur

Weather ... again

#325 Post by RobertArthur »

July, sun, hot and three thirsty horses. No water today, it wasn't always so...

Lori

Weather ... again

#326 Post by Lori »

Beautiful creatures. What do you mean 'no water today' ?

Bayleaf

Weather ... again

#327 Post by Bayleaf »

Really hot today - forgotten how to deal with it! I'll echo Lori's concern - what d'you mean no water today? :? Are those troughs empty? How to they get filled? :cry:

RobertArthur

Weather ... again

#328 Post by RobertArthur »

Lori, during the many rainy days there was enough water in these meadows, also known as le grand pré, but I'm afraid these watering places are drying up. Flashback: made me think of No milk today by Herman's Hermits. I've contacted the owner. Please do something as soon as possible, this evening, urgent. Refilling: tractor and 5000 litres watertank or from a neighbouring house. If not, bucket brigade for us this evening, not 500 buckets....About 25 litres a day for a horse, in hot weather probably about 50 litres. I'm waiting for the temperature to drop....

Lori

Weather ... again

#329 Post by Lori »

So they are relying on rain water to fill the water buckets ?? Surely not, not logical.

Hotrodder

Weather ... again

#330 Post by Hotrodder »

I have just finished mowing our field. This time it took me two days. With the unusual (for Brittany) heat I just couldn't carry on. Been drinking several litres of water and simply can't quench the thirst. Hopefully some respite tomorrow and a little less physical exertion. :?
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.