This hotel offers free toilet paper

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
mysty

This hotel offers free toilet paper

#1 Post by mysty »

We are heading to Brantome on Friday to buy an old building that was a bar restaurant.
Brantome has an art fair on Saturday but all the hotels are full so we are staying close by.
The room was not cheap and it lists the usual, free wifi, shampoo, swimming pool but also says free toilet paper.
Never had to pay for that before unless it was built into the price and did not know.
Mike lives at Brantome but other than that :lol: it's really nice and worth a visit.

https://www.guide-du-perigord.com/fr/to ... -2874.html

Char
Site Admin

Re: This hotel offers free toilet paper

#2 Post by Char »

It looks quite nice there - never been myself.

I suppose they've been told to list everything that's included and have taken it a bit too far. :lol:

Enjoy your stay - the art fair may be worth a visit, so you've picked a good weekend to visit. 8-)

Veem

#3 Post by Veem »

We love Brantome, but wouldn't want to live there - far too many Brits. They have a great market every Friday morning. It's somewhere we always took visitors, but all our regulars have already been now and it's quite a hike from here. It's where we stayed for our first night in France in 2004 having taken a boat to Bilbao and driven up into France to look for our new home. We hadn't realised what a jewel we'd overnighted in until the next morning.

The toilet paper was free then too!

tagh

#4 Post by tagh »

Cant be up to much, no free trouser press.

Crystal

#5 Post by Crystal »

Strange to choose a picture of boats on a river to advertise horse riding activities :roll:

Crystal

#6 Post by Crystal »

We've just booked a couple of nights in what we thought was a hotel room and the confirmation email said to bring your own sheets and pillowcases :shock: ...but on double checking it seems that we are not getting a room, but an entire appartment, so I'm more than happy to bring my own bed linen. :D

Spardo

#7 Post by Spardo »

It's a lovely place, only 15 minutes away from us and yes, we used to take visitors there. The various aspects of the river and the bars to relax in along it are really good. On the wall of the Hotel de Ville there was a plaque containing the full text of de Gaulles' speech on arriving in London in 1940, but the last time I looked it had been removed. :?

Char
Site Admin

#8 Post by Char »

Crystal wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:00 am We've just booked a couple of nights in what we thought was a hotel room and the confirmation email said to bring your own sheets and pillowcases :shock: ...but on double checking it seems that we are not getting a room, but an entire appartment, so I'm more than happy to bring my own bed linen. :D
What a nice surprise. - P'raps you'd better take some loo roll with you just in case.

mysty

#9 Post by mysty »

Char wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:26 pm
Crystal wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:00 am We've just booked a couple of nights in what we thought was a hotel room and the confirmation email said to bring your own sheets and pillowcases :shock: ...but on double checking it seems that we are not getting a room, but an entire appartment, so I'm more than happy to bring my own bed linen. :D
What a nice surprise. - P'raps you'd better take some loo roll with you just in case.
Good idea, if it does not say it's included :lol: