What are you up to today?

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
Pathca

Re: What are you up to today?

#41 Post by Pathca »

Glad they made it out there Chappers

Veem

#42 Post by Veem »

Administering first aid to my leg. :? I was walking, bare-legged and fairly fast in the paddock when a bramble wrapped itself around my lower calf and a thorn sliced a 2" cut in my flesh. It's in almost exactly the same place as happened in the same way 6 years ago. After a cleanup, Steristrips seem to have halted the bleeding now.

Doug

#43 Post by Doug »

Hope you soon heal[mention]Veem[/mention]
Accidents are there waiting to happen and thank goodness for steristrips, a couple of weeks ago when summer pruning my espaliers I almost took the top of a little finger, after a clean up put steristrips on and in a week the cut had closed up and healed.

Spardo

#44 Post by Spardo »

Blaze wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:32 am @Spardo Look forward to seeing the piccies ;)
Have you heard how Her Grace is doing ?
Not directly, but what I have heard is that she has settled in and is happy with her new family and incumbant dogs. I should have taken the plunge and adopted her when I could. :(

Pathca

#45 Post by Pathca »

Veem wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:57 am Administering first aid to my leg. :? I was walking, bare-legged and fairly fast in the paddock when a bramble wrapped itself around my lower calf and a thorn sliced a 2" cut in my flesh. It's in almost exactly the same place as happened in the same way 6 years ago. After a cleanup, Steristrips seem to have halted the bleeding now.
They are very painful cuts as well,possibly because they aren’t necessarily deep but as you say can be long

suein56

#46 Post by suein56 »

Veem wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:57 am Administering first aid to my leg. ... a bramble wrapped itself around my lower calf and a thorn sliced a 2" cut in my flesh.
Bramble thorns are extremely sharp .. akin to a sharp razor-blade in my estimation .. so the damage they can produce is impressive seeing as the thorns are small.

Char
Site Admin

#47 Post by Char »

Veem wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:57 am Administering first aid to my leg. :? I was walking, bare-legged and fairly fast in the paddock when a bramble wrapped itself around my lower calf and a thorn sliced a 2" cut in my flesh. It's in almost exactly the same place as happened in the same way 6 years ago. After a cleanup, Steristrips seem to have halted the bleeding now.
Ouch, I swear these things are alive and reach out and grab you at any chance they get. I hope it doesn't stay sore and painful for too long Veem.

Pathca

#48 Post by Pathca »

I have had them when they wrap round your leg it’s like they deliberately grab you

Spectrum

#49 Post by Spectrum »

Pathca wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:14 pm I have had them when they wrap round your leg it’s like they deliberately grab you
Its a sign of affection :D :D

Char
Site Admin

#50 Post by Char »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:22 pm
Pathca wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:14 pm I have had them when they wrap round your leg it’s like they deliberately grab you
Its a sign of affection :D :D
Sounds like you're feeling a bit better Spectrum - How's the man flu?