Moving house?

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
Lori

Moving house?

#21 Post by Lori »

Good luck from me too Angela. Hopefully by the time you return back to Pau the fuel problem will be resolved.

Grangela

Moving house?

#22 Post by Grangela »

Thank you for your kind wishes and advice. Angela

Polly

Moving house?

#23 Post by Polly »

Good luck for your new adventure, hope you find a buyer soon! 🏡

Grangela

Moving house?

#24 Post by Grangela »

Mr Grangela has been back to Pau with a list of properties and appointments to view. I stayed home with ailing dog. An offer was made on the Thursday he came back, and accepted on the Saturday. Joy was unconfined, but we still haven’t sold this des res, partly due to Mr G’s reluctance to reduce the asking price. I’m working on him.
And yes, I know it rains in Pau. That will be better for my complexion than the relentless sun of the Côté d’Azur. Bonne journée

exile

Moving house?

#25 Post by exile »

Yes it does rain a bit but that is why Pau has public gardens with lawns that could be in the UK - unlike just about anywhere else in the South of France.

Good luck and enjoy.

Headers

Moving house?

#26 Post by Headers »

If you like horses, there is the racecourse and in October the only 5* horse trial in France and also top level Carriage driving. It’s a lovely sight to see.
The Tour de France visits very frequently and there is of course the military base with a lot of jets whizzing about.

Grangela

Moving house?

#27 Post by Grangela »

Well there you go! Signed on the dotted line and the Pau apartment is ours! Just needs three months renovation. Meanwhile we have accepted an offer in Cannes and will be doing the final signing at the end of May. After four days in Pau we got home to Cannes and now I’ve got a hefty dose of Covid, just when I need to be intelligent. Signed the compromis in my pyjamas yesterday. At home, electronically, as the notaire didn’t want me anywhere near his cabinet.
Angela

Blaze

Moving house?

#28 Post by Blaze »

Well done ! It can be a bit nerve racking selling and buying .... but what bad luck catching Covid. Cases are going up slowly, particularly in the south-east and north east ... Hope you feel better soon.

Lori

Moving house?

#29 Post by Lori »

Congrats Grangela !! Best of luck with the renovations. We are just finishing the renovation of our attic. All has gone amazingly well. The difference is incredible.

So sorry about the Covid. I hope you feel better soon.

Polly

Moving house?

#30 Post by Polly »

Excellent news and good luck with the renovations! !

So sorry to read that you’ve caught covid - hope it’s a mild dose.