Another chasse incident today near Nantes

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
Blaze

#1 Post by Blaze »

A bullet went through a window narrowly missing a baby and his father who were in the room.
https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr ... 57728.html
Apparently the bullet ricocheted off another building (why was the shooter aiming at a building in the first place ???).

Liz

#2 Post by Liz »

He was a chasseur, that is why Blaze!
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

Blaze

#3 Post by Blaze »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bayleaf

#4 Post by Bayleaf »

Is it worse because more incidents are being reported, or are Chasseurs getting worse/more blasé?

If I'm out and about on our land while there's hunting around, I make sure I'm noisy and wear loud very un-animal-like-coloured clothing! If their hounds come into a field where the donkey is - he'll chase them out!

I do confess to making myself more of a nuisance if I think they're too close to our fields - especially when there are animals in them. One time there were a few hunters sitting on the riverside perimeter, with their backs to the field (which contained two flighty horses), ready to shoot at anything trying to come down to the river. I went to one of them and said they're too close to the animals. He tried to say don't worry, they're shooting in the opposite direction, to which I replied, if they shoot, the horses may bolt - break the fencing, onto the road, collide with a vehicle. What then? Eventually contacted the boss, by walkie-talkie, and him and the others in that field packed up and reluctantly left. They were also too close to the house in my opinion.

MAD87

#5 Post by MAD87 »

Blaze wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:56 pm A bullet went through a window narrowly missing a baby and his father who were in the room.
https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr ... 57728.html
Apparently the bullet ricocheted off another building (why was the shooter aiming at a building in the first place ???).
Doesn't bear thinking about! T hey're not supposed to fire within 150m of a house or barn. Honoured more in the breach.

Blaze

#6 Post by Blaze »

The other day, I photographed 2 hunters in the field across the track from our house - I'd say they were barely 50m away - but there's a road about 150m away. Their dogs put up a hare near a stream, and it ran away from our house, parallel with the road but the hunters made no attempt to shoot at it.
I keep an eye out on Sundays ... and a camera with a long lens at hand ....

Once I saw a car stop along the road. A man jumped out, shot at something, rushed over, grabbed the body which he stuffed into his car and drove off. I couldn't see what it was he shot, but it was probably a hare or even a red-legged partridge. One of the occasions when I wish I could have filmed it.

Hotrodder

#7 Post by Hotrodder »

Bayleaf wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:56 am Is it worse because more incidents are being reported, or are Chasseurs getting worse/more blasé?

If I'm out and about on our land while there's hunting around, I make sure I'm noisy and wear loud very un-animal-like-coloured clothing! If their hounds come into a field where the donkey is - he'll chase them out!

I do confess to making myself more of a nuisance if I think they're too close to our fields - especially when there are animals in them. One time there were a few hunters sitting on the riverside perimeter, with their backs to the field (which contained two flighty horses), ready to shoot at anything trying to come down to the river. I went to one of them and said they're too close to the animals. He tried to say don't worry, they're shooting in the opposite direction, to which I replied, if they shoot, the horses may bolt - break the fencing, onto the road, collide with a vehicle. What then? Eventually contacted the boss, by walkie-talkie, and him and the others in that field packed up and reluctantly left. They were also too close to the house in my opinion.
I would be fearful those clowns would fire at the donkey. We rarely go outside on a Sunday for any reason if we can hear the hounds.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Bayleaf

#8 Post by Bayleaf »

Hotrodder wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:17 am

I would be fearful those clowns would fire at the donkey. We rarely go outside on a Sunday for any reason if we can hear the hounds.
I was watching, and they knew I was there. One time, a stag and two deer were thundering across our top field, closely followed by donkey and shetland - being watched by me at the gate, and some very frustrated hunters on the far boundary! They couldn't do a thing - and they saw me watching. The deer hopped over the low fencing, into our prized undergrowth, much to the annoyance of shetland and donkey who couldn't, so the donkey turned around and chased the hounds back to their owners. Missed video opportunity.

Chappers51

#9 Post by Chappers51 »

I go out for our morning walk around 7am because they’re not supposed to start shooting until 8am, however this year I’ve heard the first shots at 7.30. I used to take Freddy out at 12.30 on Saturday and Sunday because they’d stop for lunch but this year the hunters continue throughout lunchtime; hence the 7am walk.

suein56

#10 Post by suein56 »

Bayleaf wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:43 am
One time, a stag and two deer were thundering across our top field, closely followed by donkey and shetland - being watched by me at the gate ..
The deer hopped over the low fencing, into our prized undergrowth, much to the annoyance of shetland and donkey who couldn't, so the donkey turned around and chased the hounds back to their owners.
That is one amazing donkey .. what a character he must be 😊