La Roche-Posay (the town, not the skincare products)

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
Liz

#1 Post by Liz »

Not having been here much last year I can't remember where everyone lives.
Are any of you in or near La Roche-Posay?
Or Chatellerault, Yzeures-sur-Creuse, Montmorillon, etc?
Asking as I'm organising a gathering of Morris Minors and other classics end of May-June, based at La Roche-Posay. I've already done a fair bit of research but any local insight on good places to eat or places to visit, especially quirky off the beaten track things, welcome.

We'll have a fair few petrol heads with us so space in the classic car area for '500 Ferrari Contre le Cancer ' at the Val de Vienne circuit is already booked :D
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

DominicBest

#2 Post by DominicBest »

I’ve never been to La Roche Posay but I hear it’s lovely. Montmorillion is well worth a visit, it’s a beautiful town and particularly interesting for anyone interested in books or literature. Will any of your friends going to the Ferrari weekend at Le Vigent be taking a pre-war car? One of my friends is responsible for arranging a grid for a few demonstration laps and would love to hear of anyone else keen to take part.

Liz

#3 Post by Liz »

Thanks, Monmorillon is on the list especially as we'll have at least one French fluent bookaholic with us.
We haven't go any pre-war vehicles with us, but one of our members is part of the Angouleme group whom I think are doing that? He will however be in a Series II Morris Minor. They did the superb British cars display at Angouleme car show last year.
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?