Weather ... again

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
Wilbro

Weather ... again

#211 Post by Wilbro »

I spoke to a series in Leclerc and he spent a lot of his life in Marinique as his father is military. I asked him where he preferred. Martinique he said with a big smile. Yes I am aware of the weather extremes there but I just want to see that big yellow orb :D

Quiksilver

Weather ... again

#212 Post by Quiksilver »

I wanted to see it back in January, so toddled off to Guadeloupe, full of hope and expectation :D It rained on 11 of the 15 days :lol:

Blaze

Weather ... again

#213 Post by Blaze »

4 days of blissful wall to wall sunshine (it really felt as if summer had arrived), today has become hazy and there's some ominous rumbling going on.
A quick look at this site : https://map.blitzortung.org/?fbclid=IwA ... 2.016/0/11
confirms that there is plenty of thunder about !!

Hotrodder

Weather ... again

#214 Post by Hotrodder »

Yes, the last four days are the first since last October we haven't had to nuke the butter in the microwave to make it spreadable. Forecast for our local area says all hell breaks loose from tomorrow onward.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Doug

Weather ... again

#215 Post by Doug »

Here as well a few days of beautiful summer sun, up to 28c in the shade, now its wet yet again.
Couldn't see the aurora last night as clouds came in with a couple of lightnings way over west.

exile

Weather ... again

#216 Post by exile »

It probably wasn't there to see @Doug . It turned out to be less strong than predicted.

Sparkle

Weather ... again

#217 Post by Sparkle »

Yesterday was a warm sunny day. We'd been out to lunch with friends then we all came back to sit in the garden. Around 5pm thick black clouds rolled in followed by a downpour of hailstones big b**gers bouncing off the garden furniture. There was an almighty ouch as one hit OH on his head whilst he was trying to bring the bottles of wine and glasses inside and then the thunder and lightning arrived for around an hour but hey ho it didn't deter our quest to finish the several bottles of wine :D
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Lori

Weather ... again

#218 Post by Lori »

Yes, Orages in the forecast for tonight, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I hope they don't bring hail. There isn't a mention of it and there normally is (if its expected). So, we'll see. Can we have a bit of 'normal' weather please ???

Doug

Weather ... again

#219 Post by Doug »

Wet,wet,wet.
73mm of it so far this month, last year for the whole of May we had 49mm.
No wonder the grass is growing so fast.
Have given up on the veggie plot as its under water.

Lori

Weather ... again

#220 Post by Lori »

Doug wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:59 am No wonder the grass is growing so fast.
Same here. It is almost as though you can see the grass grow by the hour.

Our small tomato patch has somehow survived so far. No idea if the coming storms will wipe it out.