Weather ... again

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
DominicBest

Weather ... again

#111 Post by DominicBest »

L Austin France wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:36 am I use a cheapo Bosch charger which can be left on maintenance charge if required.
I've used a similar thing on my lawn mower ever since the Optimate did its magic.

Bayleaf

Weather ... again

#112 Post by Bayleaf »

DominicBest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:54 pm
Bayleaf wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:25 am And, back to the Weather .....
That little diversion was weather related... Summer day cars, lawn mowers and motorcycles are all influenced by the weather.
You don't have to tell me, gardening is my livelihood. Just wondered if people want to start discussing battery power and chargers etc. in detail, maybe starting a new thread about the subject would be a good idea.

DominicBest

Weather ... again

#113 Post by DominicBest »

My contribution to a gardening thread would be to advise people with ride on lawnmowers to buy a battery charger that maintains the battery when it is not in use. I would also suggest that they check the handbooks that came with any battery powered garden tools to see what state the batteries should be stored over winter in.
I would rather be outside right now than typing on a weather thread but despite the blue sky and sunshine out there there is a strong, unpleasant wind. 💨

Blaze

Weather ... again

#114 Post by Blaze »

Posts do digress, and any work done in the garden can be weather dependent ! I was going to get the ride-on out today but the grass is still wet after the rain so I cleared a horrible briar/nettle patch and planted a willow.
I enjoyed the battery diversion and info about the Optimate charger ;)

Doug

Weather ... again

#115 Post by Doug »

Woke up at 6,30 am to thunder storm.
Now no tv as huge storms to s,e.
What a lovely spring. :(

Hotrodder

Weather ... again

#116 Post by Hotrodder »

I have only managed to cut the grass once since late last year due to so much rain keeping it too wet to cut. That was about three weeks ago and it is already 4" long and needing it again. I suppose I shouldn't complain. It takes about ten litres per cut so it is getting expensive.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Doug

Weather ... again

#117 Post by Doug »

4", 4", ? ? Hotrodder, you should be so lucky.
Cut half of our 500 sq mtr a week ago and it's at least 6" now.
The other half is still ankle deep in water.

glazedallover

Weather ... again

#118 Post by glazedallover »

have they developed a GM grass yet that only grows 1cm per annum ?

Polly

Weather ... again

#119 Post by Polly »

Today it’s raining, forecast to stay all morning, cloudy all day after the rain stops and chilly, with a high of 15C with 40km wind. A big change from 23C and quite a lot ofsunshine yesterday!

Not any of my favourite weather today!

Bayleaf

Weather ... again

#120 Post by Bayleaf »

Pffff; another stormy, windy, VERY wet night; and set to rain again today. Reshuffling of backing-up mowing jobs again, sigh. It's a good job we live minimally!

I don't mind wind, some rain is necessary, don't want it to get too hot too quickly, but come on Weather - give us agriculteurs some working time! :crazy: