Electric bill

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
Polarengineer

Electric bill

#41 Post by Polarengineer »

€1000 a year, yes please. I had €1000 a month and the worst day was 23 Dec €35,91. that was when I took a serious look at the users and switched to Tempo contract. Now the best day was 22 Mar €2,90. and generally not more than €10 a day for both the chateau and the watermill.

Bayleaf

Electric bill

#42 Post by Bayleaf »

Doug wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:31 pm We ignore all offers as our yearly EDF costs are below € 1000 well below the average according to EDF.
Similar to our's, but on the Client Espace page, it always says our usage is superior to other similar households. Can't quite work that out - we're fairly standard users! Also, I've noticed our kw have reduced by about 10%, but the cost has increased by 10%. So there's the 20% increase! Grrrr!

Hotrodder

Electric bill

#43 Post by Hotrodder »

That fits well with most aspects of life as a consumer. Using less today and paying more.
It must be nice to be on the winning end of all this, as a shareholder. :roll:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Trelawney

Electric bill

#44 Post by Trelawney »

Bayleaf wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:42 am
Doug wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:31 pm We ignore all offers as our yearly EDF costs are below € 1000 well below the average according to EDF.
Similar to our's, but on the Client Espace page, it always says our usage is superior to other similar households. Can't quite work that out - we're fairly standard users! Also, I've noticed our kw have reduced by about 10%, but the cost has increased by 10%. So there's the 20% increase! Grrrr!
I would be very concerned if my consumption reduced by 10%, the price increased by 10% and still the bill went up by 20%. Have I missed something?

Wilbro

Electric bill

#45 Post by Wilbro »

Yes you have. Read Bayleaf's post again.
Last edited by Wilbro on Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bayleaf

Electric bill

#46 Post by Bayleaf »

Here's a summary of "Comparer ma consumption" from Mon Espace Client:

2022 - 4616kw cost 928€
2023 - 4147kw cost 1024€

Their graph says my usage reduced by 10% (12% actually, but I guess they're rounding it down! :roll: ), so they "bravo" me for that (!), but the bill increased 10%. So, actually only a 10% increase in price but as I'm using less electric, it feels like a double negative whammy, hence my flippant 20% comment. :)

Bayleaf

Electric bill

#47 Post by Bayleaf »

If this is happening in the UK with smart meters - it sounds plausible that French linky machines would suffer the same thing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cz9zqn77ezno

@hughnique , you need to try and get someone to come and test it properly - how can they expect you to know?

hughnique

Electric bill

#48 Post by hughnique »

Bayleaf, Thanks for that very interesting article, got the other circus act today putting in the fibre, that's if they turn up, bit wet out there suppose they will be traipsing a load of crap in on their boots, Madame will not be amused. I am just wondering if the leccy bill is down to me I have had a convector on for some time, but OH commented the other day, "is this heater on as every time I go past it it's cold", must admit it is very rare that I can feel the benefit from it

hughnique

Electric bill

#49 Post by hughnique »

I was advised by the woman from EDF cust. services that if my wall mounted convector was rated at 1.5 KW, then in an hour it will burn 1.5 KWH, 36 in a day, 252 in a week, and so on, very soon it will mount up and be a major contributor to a high bill. All sounds very plausible with one exception, for that formula to work the heater must be constantly energised for every nano second it is connected to the supply, and of course it isn't, a clever little device called a thermostat regulates, by way of heat, the amount of usage the heating elements are supplied with. So all these clever formulas are somewhat inept when trying to calculate total usage over a 2 month period

Liz

Electric bill

#50 Post by Liz »

I went into our edf espace client and opted for daily readings from Enedis to appera on there, or so I thought
All I can get is estimated readings, and I have left it a week to see if things changed.
Or it offers me an app
duh?
Last edited by Liz on Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?