Scam EDF calls

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
Liz

Scam EDF calls

#1 Post by Liz »

Fixit took a call yesterday purporting to be from EDF, so he did his polite get-out of 'I'm visually impaired my wife deals with admin and she's not here'
They rang just now, on 01 62 00 14 21, claiming to be EDF and wanting info which EDF already have (email & postal addresses for starters) in order to give us 10% off our next bill.
I said 'thank you, I assume all the info will be in our 'espace client' and no doubt we'll get an email from EDf on the email address which is registered there'.
Madame I have your dossier here, I just want to check.....
Hmmmm I smell something fishy ( and I'm not talking about the Friday fish smell from next door)
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

curtis

Scam EDF calls

#2 Post by curtis »

The 01 numbers are usually scam. My phone blocks them automatically.

Hotrodder

Scam EDF calls

#3 Post by Hotrodder »

If someone calls offering me anything I go straight to red alert. Free lunch syndrome.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

hughnique

Scam EDF calls

#4 Post by hughnique »

You might be wrong there, let it be known that I paid my Leccy bill this morning 1600+ €, in effect now EDF are flushed and are redistributing their windfall, courtesy of yours truly. You can't argue or fight their demands just pay up and shut up, no electric heating on now lets see what next months bill brings.