RIP Shane Warne

Char
Site Admin

RIP Shane Warne

#1 Post by Char »

niemeyjt

RIP Shane Warne

#2 Post by niemeyjt »

Scary when those younger than you start to die - carpe diem - although he lived life to the full.

And only a day after another Aussie cricket legend - Rodney Marsh - died at the young age of 73.

DaveW

RIP Shane Warne

#3 Post by DaveW »

So sad. What a spin bowler he was.

Spardo

RIP Shane Warne

#4 Post by Spardo »

Not being a cricket, or even sports, fan I was aware of certain names in my past, Shane Warne being one, but more so Rodney Marsh who died only a few days before because he shared his name with a rather flamboyant English footballer who was a contemporary I think. Mind you he made it to 74, 52 is way to early.

rabbit

RIP Shane Warne

#5 Post by rabbit »

For a time Shane Warne played for Hampshire. I lived in a small Hampshire village and it was a tradition that every year the Hants team played the village side on the village pitch for charity. One year Shane turned up. He bowled left handed to give the batsmen a chance. After the game we went in the clubhouse for a beer. It was a tatty wooden hut and very undistinguished. Even so Shane joined us for a beer and a chat. A lovely man with no pretensions and for me an abiding memory that I had a beer with the great Shane Warne. Top man. Thanks for the memories Shane and rest in peace

Recommend (7)