Tour de France

glazedallover

Tour de France

#61 Post by glazedallover »

I've just said it is an opinion. I'll leave it to madame le moderator to decide and she can remove my post. otherwise I stand by my original.

Blaze

Tour de France

#62 Post by Blaze »

I wondered what had happened near the top of the Col de la Loze when everything stopped. Thomas' moto engine just died on a bend of the steep climb and wouldn't restart. Some of the riders were held up for a few seconds but it would have been hard for them to start up again. Thibault Pinault was not happy (can't blame him).
As a result, Thomas and his pilot were fined and were not allowed to participate today. I'm not sure whether he'll be allowed to continue the Tour. He fully accepts blame. It probably didn't affect the outcome of the race, but the images were quite something. The Col de la Loze is just a tarmacked track, very narrow and the public were swarming all over the place - the police seemed helpless.
Fortunately no-one was injured ...
glazedallover wrote:Drugged up to the eyeballs. I wouldn't be surprised if he expired before his time. They are or were all at it. Froome just another Armstrong. Even , I am sad to say Sir Bradley of Wiggins , was probably guilty.
A rather presumptious statement, without giving any evidence/proof whatsoever.
Perhaps the poster was just trying to be provocative, best ignored. Then again, look at the time of posting, perhaps after a bit of communing with Mr Walker ?? ;)

ajm

Tour de France

#63 Post by ajm »

Just ignore him.

glazedallover

Tour de France

#64 Post by glazedallover »

just ignore me.

tagh

Tour de France

#65 Post by tagh »

Aujourd’hui il a gagné par un boyau!

Blaze

Tour de France

#66 Post by Blaze »

tagh wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:15 pm Aujourd’hui il a gagné par un boyau
:lol: :lol: I missed yesterday's run !
Nice to see another Slovenian doing well.

Loup-garou

Tour de France

#67 Post by Loup-garou »

Only caught the last 30k. A brave and competitive ride from the first three and the chasing group but the peloton had a dainty dander through the countryside taking in the odd picnic and ice cream. In fact it behaved just like it does on the run into Paris which I never watch. For me, the last day is a complete waste and I will finish my viewing today.

Bring on the ladies!

Wilbro

Tour de France

#68 Post by Wilbro »

The collapse of pogacar has taken all interest out of the GC and also some of the stages, the earlier ones and the last two have been uneventful. The least interesting tour in many years of our watching at least for us.

Blaze

Tour de France

#69 Post by Blaze »

It's possible that Pogacar lost heart when his companion, also a professional cyclist, had a heavy fall during the Giro in Italy and had to abandon.
Apparently he wanted to abandon the Tour after the 5th stage but was persuaded by his companion to continue.
https://www.lefigaro.fr/sports/cyclisme ... e-20230720

Any high level sport requires huge mental concentration and perhaps Pogacar just lost his way. He also fell at the beginning of the 17th stage which could have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

He's greatly appreciated by the public and the other cyclists - a good loser can be more popular that a brilliant winner ....

Blaze

Tour de France

#70 Post by Blaze »

Brilliant win by Pogacar today and great to see Adam Yates 3rd and Simon Yates 4th in the classement générale.