Tour de France

Blaze

Tour de France

#51 Post by Blaze »

What a gruelling stage .....
It was a shame Pogacar ran out of steam but the fall near the start, fatigue, and perhaps not winning yesterday ... took its toll.
No doubt the press will intimate that Vingegaard was just too good to be true ...

Nice to see the Yateses doing so well, and a great effort by David Gaudu.

The new road up the Col de la Loze is quite something .... It was unbelievable to see some of the riders including Vingegaard, blocked because of a moto. As for the number of spectators who gave Pogacar a pat on the bum ... probably well-meant but ....

tagh

Tour de France

#52 Post by tagh »

Of interest in the debate about doping:

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/tour-de-fra ... 59334.html

Blaze

Tour de France

#53 Post by Blaze »

The article is more about advances in technology/techniques, equipment and training methods, even down to what they wear, than suspicion of doping.
If it weren't for the fact that Vingegaard and Pogacar were so incredibly close up to today, there would be more suspicion towards Vingegaard.
It was exactly the same with Froome - remember that incredible downhill where he was practically sitting on his crossbar ? It's all about daring to go that little bit further. The way Vingegaard takes the downhill bends is positively buttock-clenching.

Perhaps it's his consistently good rides that gets tongues wagging. There are some superb performances by other riders - Felix Gall today, for example. Some of the French riders are trying hard, but they haven't got that edge (or youth). Carlos Rodrigues did well winning in Morzine - he's got youth on his side so perhaps we'll see more of him.

glazedallover

Tour de France

#54 Post by glazedallover »

Drugged up to the eyeballs. I wouldn't be surprised if he expired before his time. They are or were all at it. Froome just another Armstrong. Even , I am sad to say Sir Bradley of Wiggins , was probably guilty.

Wilbro

Tour de France

#55 Post by Wilbro »

GDO, where on earth have you got the proof for that statement?

rabbit

Tour de France

#56 Post by rabbit »

An interesting article in The Times similar to the one that Tagh posted. It postulates a similar theory that the advances in bikes, diet, aerodynamics, fitness and output per kg all more than make up for gains in performance over the doping years. It also compares with swimming where the records set by doped swimmers have been shattered by modern undoped swimmers. What it doesn’t explain is how JV can be 2mins faster than the best on a 22k TT
Have we reached an era of cycling that can be trusted?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dffc ... 933c953891

tagh

Tour de France

#57 Post by tagh »

Remember that Pogacar is still only 24 so has time to manure into a greater rider. He wears the white jersey now which is young rider status.

No, I do not think they are drugging, too many tests daily. The above post by glazedallover is libellous and should perhaps be edited or withdrawn. Over to moderator.

glazedallover

Tour de France

#58 Post by glazedallover »

It's an opinion, but one that I hold. If I had evidence then everyone would. If we are not allowed opinions on here then I will leave.

Wilbro

Tour de France

#59 Post by Wilbro »

You didn't offer it as an opinion it was stated by you as a hard indisputable fact.

tagh

Tour de France

#60 Post by tagh »

glazedallover, you made positive and libellous statements. Why not edit the post so that it sounds like opinion?