Broyeur de branches ( branch chipper)

Creating and maintaining gardens in France, French plants, ponds, gardening tools and machinery, etc
L Austin France

#31 Post by L Austin France »

Apparently my Giemme GS1500BS m/c is in the Italian factory awaiting collection by the carriers. A very seamless online purchase so far via Agricolt.fr. with a very good price.
15.5 cv electric start B&S engine with belt drive to cutters through centrifugal clutch.
Can't wait to have a 'play' with it. :D

Headers

#32 Post by Headers »

L Austin France wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:36 am Apparently my Giemme GS1500BS m/c is in the Italian factory awaiting collection by the carriers. A very seamless online purchase so far via Agricolt.fr. with a very good price.
15.5 cv electric start B&S engine with belt drive to cutters through centrifugal clutch.
you may have to put the wheels on. Try and get the delivery person to unload it where you can work on it. It weighs about 180 kg.

L Austin France

#33 Post by L Austin France »

Headers wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:52 pm
L Austin France wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:36 am Apparently my Giemme GS1500BS m/c is in the Italian factory awaiting collection by the carriers. A very seamless online purchase so far via Agricolt.fr. with a very good price.
you may have to put the wheels on. Try and get the delivery person to unload it where you can work on it. It weighs about 180 kg.
No worries about that as lorry can park right outside barn door.
What do you use to move yours around? I'll be using my ride on which I've equipped with a ball hitch. It easily tows a trailer full of logs so should handle this as long as the balance is OK.
Once again, many thanks for steer.

Headers

#34 Post by Headers »

L Austin France wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:17 pm
Headers wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:52 pm
What do you use to move yours around? I'll be using my ride on which I've equipped with a ball hitch. It easily tows a trailer full of logs so should handle this as long as the balance is OK.
we have a small tractor. Use ball hitch.

L Austin France

#35 Post by L Austin France »

Headers wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:41 pm
L Austin France wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:17 pm
Headers wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:52 pm you may have to put the wheels on. Try and get the delivery person to unload it where you can work on it. It weighs about 180 kg.
we have a small tractor. Use ball hitch.
How's the balance? Is there much weight on the hitch? The CG looks like it's about over the wheels.

Headers

#36 Post by Headers »

It’s fine. Most of the weight is between the wheels.

L Austin France

#37 Post by L Austin France »

Arrived yesterday.
Hour & a half to get it out of the box & 3 hours today with a mate to put it together.
Added oil & petrol & it started with first turn of the key.
Heavy old bit of kit but built like a tank so certainly looks like it'll do the job.
Next week,weather permitting, will be the test to check my ride on will tow it when we'll start on the huge pile of branches awaiting chipping.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hotrodder

#38 Post by Hotrodder »

Looks a good 'un.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Headers

#39 Post by Headers »

L Austin France wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:32 pm Arrived yesterday.
Hour & a half to get it out of the box & 3 hours today with a mate to put it together.
Heavy old bit of kit but built like a tank so certainly looks like it'll do the job.
Next week,weather permitting, will be the test to check my ride on will tow it when we'll start on the huge pile of branches awaiting chipping.
have fun! We love ours.

L Austin France

#40 Post by L Austin France »

Headers wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:56 pm
L Austin France wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:32 pm Arrived yesterday.
have fun! We love ours.
Cheers. Great service from Agricolt & a discount to boot.
Again, many thanks for your help. :D