Hermoso vs. Rubiales

:soccer:
Blaze

Hermoso vs. Rubiales

#11 Post by Blaze »

glazedallover wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:58 pm PPS. Hopefully this is considered an acceptable hour to post so as not to be considered under the influence of Mr. Walker.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
Good to see he's been suspended. Perhaps FIFA will start taking these things more seriously.

MAD87

Hermoso vs. Rubiales

#12 Post by MAD87 »

I agree with Chapper's original post. I watched the video a couple of times before and came to the conclusion that he was clearly in the wrong.

Blaze

Hermoso vs. Rubiales

#13 Post by Blaze »

Football isn't the only sport where women are treated badly and who daren't protest for fear of losing their place. Until there are more women managers, it will continue.

Pathca

Hermoso vs. Rubiales

#14 Post by Pathca »

I am shocked at reactions elsewhere,not here , saying it’s sad if he looses his job etc. I have to wonder what’s gone on in the past of some of these men

Wilbro

Hermoso vs. Rubiales

#15 Post by Wilbro »

He deserves to lose his job, if this was done in public what is his behaviour behind the scenes. He probably thinks the squad is his private harem.

ajm

Hermoso vs. Rubiales

#16 Post by ajm »

He's got to go otherwise there is no future for Spanish football as nobody would want to work with him.

Blaze

Hermoso vs. Rubiales

#17 Post by Blaze »

As the one who started this topic, I've looked at the video several times and it shows that the whole incident was literally a couple of seconds, with no apparent reaction after The Kiss. It all looked very spontaneous - hugging, he grabs her head, she grabs his torso, quick peck on the lips, she pats him, he pats her twice as she walks away.

However, having heard/read that he's had previous complaints for inappropriate behaviour, it throws a different light on the situation. It's an incident which is merely the tip of the iceberg and it's happening everywhere, not just in Spain. It's a great shame that it's overshadowed Spain's brilliant win but perhaps it needed a high profile event to highlight the problem.

He should certainly go which should serve as a warning to others. However, inevitably the dust will settle and such behaviour will continue, albeit less publicly.

Until there are more women involved at a higher level in women's sports - sport committees, coaching etc, the abuse will continue.
Have we really come to the point where sportswomen, particularly young ones, should have a chaperone with them ?

Wilbro

Hermoso vs. Rubiales

#18 Post by Wilbro »

There has certainly been too much abuse of young people in professional sport from sexual harassment to bullying. It's not confined to Spain and like the Catholic Church it seems to attract the wrong type of person.

glazedallover

Hermoso vs. Rubiales

#19 Post by glazedallover »

And the new 'pariah' of English football , Mason gets to join a new club. Guess where.

MAD87

Hermoso vs. Rubiales

#20 Post by MAD87 »

Wilbro wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:54 am There has certainly been too much abuse of young people in professional sport from sexual harassment to bullying.
I'm glad you said "young people", wilbro, as indeed it's not just girls/women in sport. I remember several cases in the CPS, one involving a very famous English sportsman - now a pundit- who dared not speak out at the time as he was just taking his first steps in the game. Very common with sex offences unfortunately, and while the Spanish kiss doesn't fit into that category, it amounts to an assault unless he asked permission to kiss her on the lips.