Wimbledon

exile

Wimbledon

#31 Post by exile »

glazedallover wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:19 pm Andy Murray doesn't do exhibition matches and I think Emma Raducanu will come to regret her decision.
What on earth do you think the Wimbledon doubles match was supposed to be other than a farewell exhibition?
His chances of winning the competition were zero, so it was essentially a vanity/exhibition match

glazedallover

Wimbledon

#32 Post by glazedallover »

As he is always competitive in competition I thought he was in it to win it, but I'm sure you know best.

Bayleaf

Wimbledon

#33 Post by Bayleaf »

YES! Leftie Lulu Sun through to the 1/4 finals!!! Well done that gal! :clap:

glazedallover

Wimbledon

#34 Post by glazedallover »

Bayleaf wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:17 pm YES! Leftie Lulu Sun through to the 1/4 finals!!! Well done that gal! :clap:

Bloody Lefties !! Don't you just love 'em ;) :D

Bayleaf

Wimbledon

#35 Post by Bayleaf »

:lol: 8-)

Veem

Wimbledon

#36 Post by Veem »

My support for Emma had dwindled somewhat so I was delighted to see Lulu triumph in the match.

demi

Wimbledon

#37 Post by demi »

I went right off Emma when she said she did not realise there was a general election last Thursday & that she would be having a lie in & not voting.

niemeyjt

Wimbledon

#38 Post by niemeyjt »

Maybe after victories by Starmer and Lulu, she will have gone off lefties?

Bayleaf

Wimbledon

#39 Post by Bayleaf »

Ba boum! :roll: :lol:

Anyhoo, COME ON FILS! :D :

Edit - he lost! :lol:
Last edited by Bayleaf on Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bayleaf

Wimbledon

#40 Post by Bayleaf »

I've been enjoying some feisty matches, but have a couple of questions/observations:

1. Why is Nick Kyrios an invited commentator when he has disgraced himself more than once at Wimbledon - as well as having a Court case for GBH against a girlfriend. I thought the BBC were holier than thou on who they allowed to represent them. It seems not.
2. Anyone hazard a guess as to that moment between Fritz and Zrevev at the net after Fritz won? Apparently Zrevev took umbridge at the over zealous cheering coming from Fritz' team in the 5th set. Zrevev also appears to have a history of hitting women about, similar to Kyrios. So my guess is he said something pretty nasty to Fritz, maybe about his girlfrient - Fritz really looked unhappy/uneasy afterwards. It seems Zrevev doesn't like opponents getting "too much" encouragement? Which brings me on nicely to ....
3. Good ol' Dikovic, sorry Djokovic. What a bad sportsman he is becoming - lashing out at all and sundry. Funny in his game against Hune, he thought people were booing him, when they were actually chanting Hune. So, of course those cheeky Danes did it even more until he looked daggers at them, and then actually put his hands over his ears to block them out! What a great example for his children! :roll:

Long gone are the days of good sportsmanship (for some, not all) with the stakes so high. Apparently the first ever award at Wimbledon all those years ago was a £25 gift voucher at a certain sports shop! Bless!