The 39 Steps

Sparkle

The 39 Steps

#1 Post by Sparkle »

I've watched the original film several times and always enjoy it. Last night I nearly missed it on TV cos I hadn't read the info until the last minute when I noticed it was Rupert Penry Jones as Hannay so thought it should be good with him - and I wasn't disappointed it was really good.

Previously to that I watched..........Shaun The Sheep - Farmageddon (just laughing at myself as fortunatley I checked what I'd written before I submitted ie you nearly read Shawn The Sheet :lol: ) I didn't pay attention and thought it's only 20 minutes so I'll watch it - oh no it was 1 hour 20 minutes :o but I saved it as if some kiddies arrived in the near future I think they will love it and it will keep them quiet for a bit! It was fascinating but I did drop off a couple of times through some of it - not sure I'd recommend it to adults :lol:
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Blaze

The 39 Steps

#2 Post by Blaze »

Loved the book of the Thirty Nine Steps, the original film with Robert Donat and the second one with Kenneth More but I didn't like the third film with Robert Powell.
I've just looked at the trailer for the Rupert Penry-Jones version and it looks rather good !

Char
Site Admin

The 39 Steps

#3 Post by Char »

Do you know what, this is one film that loads of people talk about even my OH and I've never actually seen it. I'll have to have a look for it one of these evenings.

RobertArthur

The 39 Steps

#4 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Char, welcome this first day of the new year not to the Hotel California but to this one in Scotland, Glen Coe:

Scotland, the movie location guide will bring you back to 1935. The picture above in the summer of 2010, midges, four seasons in one day.

Polly

The 39 Steps

#5 Post by Polly »

Thank you RobertArthur, that brings back many lovely memories - it’s quite a few years now since we last drove up there.

RobertArthur

The 39 Steps

#6 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Polly, those skies and clouds on the move in Scotland, bright intervals, always impressive. Off-topic: more than 39 steps down south when leaving these studios I saw that something was changing very fast in the sky above my head, a quick snapshot to the other side of the street.

Polly

The 39 Steps

#7 Post by Polly »

Yes, many of my husband’s photos up there have been of massive skies with looming storm clouds, often with glints of glistening silver peeping through.

That was a fabulous photo you caught, what great good luck you reacted so quickly!

RobertArthur

The 39 Steps

#8 Post by RobertArthur »

Char
Site Admin

The 39 Steps

#9 Post by Char »

RobertArthur wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:48 pm @ Char, welcome this first day of the new year not to the Hotel California but to this one in Scotland, Glen Coe:

Scotland, the movie location guide will bring you back to 1935. The picture above in the summer of 2010, midges, four seasons in one day.
Thanks @RobertArthur I've never been to Scotland and never likely to now, but the scenery always looks spectacular.

Polarengineer

The 39 Steps

#10 Post by Polarengineer »

Seeing Glen Coe again, I wonder why there are a couple of munroes and only one tree. The place should be a natural forest and don't blame the deer.