Entertainment?

hughnique

Entertainment?

#1 Post by hughnique »

Somehow or other I found myself looking at the Brits last night, what is happening in the world, and yes I know there is an off button, but I felt compelled to watch it and see if it got any worse. It certainly didn't disappoint there, a group of extremely obese women of colour dancing around an equally 25XL songstress with a pink armchair strapped to her back, Mo Gilligan's compering skills sunk it deeper in to the mire, especially when he introduced Sam Capaldi, after which we were treated to Stormzy, doing a marathon rap. It beggars belief that so many of the younger generation find this dirge entertaining, there always will be a generation gap, but God this was rubbish at it's worse.

exile

Entertainment?

#2 Post by exile »

I think my parents and certainly grandparents had a very similar view of the noisy, tuneless Beatles.

Oldblueraincoat

Entertainment?

#3 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

We thoroughly enjoyed the music and some of the performances and staging were fantastic - (I fail to see how 'fat shaming' anyone is relevant but probably says more about you than the performers you attacked.) Here are some of the highlights

Hotrodder

Entertainment?

#4 Post by Hotrodder »

Thank Dog I have an extensive record/CD collection to hand. Nothing in the last three decades has appealed to me.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

hughnique

Entertainment?

#5 Post by hughnique »

I'd be the last one able to fat shame anyone, as I have plenty myself, however I wouldn't go on a stage with, in my case, a huge belly on display. If that is the sort of "music" you enjoy OBR, then that is your choice, perhaps that says more about you as well as it does about me. As for thoroughly enjoying Stormzy's rendition I fail to see how that corresponds with Music, basically talking your way through a "song", a style that we have become accustomed to for some years now and are supposed to appreciate, every one to their own though.

Char
Site Admin

Entertainment?

#6 Post by Char »

hughnique wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:01 am Somehow or other I found myself looking at the Brits last night, what is happening in the world, and yes I know there is an off button, but I felt compelled to watch it and see if it got any worse. It certainly didn't disappoint there, a group of extremely obese women of colour dancing around an equally 25XL songstress with a pink armchair strapped to her back, Mo Gilligan's compering skills sunk it deeper in to the mire, especially when he introduced Sam Capaldi, after which we were treated to Stormzy, doing a marathon rap. It beggars belief that so many of the younger generation find this dirge entertaining, there always will be a generation gap, but God this was rubbish at it's worse.
Did you mean to start a new thread or was this a post for the "You know you're old when . . ." thread - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1839

Polarengineer

Entertainment?

#7 Post by Polarengineer »

:lol:

hughnique

Entertainment?

#8 Post by hughnique »

But that is for old people I don't know my age as I don't know I've been born.

Char
Site Admin

Entertainment?

#9 Post by Char »

:clap:

curtis

Entertainment?

#10 Post by curtis »

Well, I listened to your "highlights" OBR, and if that was the best???
I have a very wide taste in music and I am happy to applaud singers even if I don't like them.
But, if you take away the noise and the effects what was left didn't amount to much, in my opinion of course.
We are all different and if you enjoyed it, that's fine.