BBC missing

hughnique

BBC missing

#1 Post by hughnique »

Anyone else lost BBC channels on Sky, it says no satellite signal being received, this is on a pretty dated SD box, and I can get the channels on the Humax HD box which uses the same dish and LNB. I know they are stopping SD but supposedly not till 2024.

Loup-garou

BBC missing

#2 Post by Loup-garou »

I noticed yesterday that BBC2 SD had disappeared from Freesat via a Humax.

hughnique

BBC missing

#3 Post by hughnique »

I have still got it all on the Humax HD box, but I prefer the old Sky box, I find it more user friendly and the Humax is so slow to boot up, I guess it's progress, once again.

suein56

BBC missing

#4 Post by suein56 »

All BBC and ITV channels present and correct on our ancient Sky SD box .. which we bought 2nd hand early in February 2005.

Smthg amiss with your dish alignment perhaps ?
Or your Sky Box is packing up ?

hughnique

BBC missing

#5 Post by hughnique »

Must admit Sue it is fairly ancient, looks as though it might be time to swap over to the HD, they are in the same cupboard so not a problem. Alignment, don't know about that as I said both boxes come off the same LNB??

p4psb

BBC missing

#6 Post by p4psb »

All BBC channels on satellite are changing.

All SD channels are being replaced by their HD equivalent.
Only a few SD channels are being kept.
If you only have an SD box/tv then you will get a BBC SD channel (it might not necessarily be the local BBC channel you would prefer!).

This thread will tell you where to find what you want if you want to: https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... _102362654

This site will tell you all channels on Astra 28.2E: https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

L Austin France

BBC missing

#7 Post by L Austin France »

We've got 2 Humax Foxsat HDR boxes operating 2 TVs. Both off the same dish with 4 way LNB. Both diagnostics show 90-100%
Both boxes now show that BBC 1 HD on ch 106 has now replaced our old regional BBC 1 SD prog. with BBC 1 in HD on prog 101 whereas the other, whilst showing on ch. 106 that 'BBC 1 is now in HD on ch.1, shows 'bad signal' etc on 101 with no programme.
Our regional BBC 1 in HD is available on 962 on both boxes/tvs.
Hope that makes sense as it was hurting my brain trying to explain it :)
Edit. Post crossed with that from p4psb.

Hotrodder

BBC missing

#8 Post by Hotrodder »

Our cheapo sat box (Astrell) still gets all the BBC channels but I don't know if they are SD, HD, or No D.
A month ago things were getting a little flaky so I did a full rescan and found everything we previously had and a few more.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

exile

BBC missing

#9 Post by exile »

hughnique wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:45 pm Must admit Sue it is fairly ancient, looks as though it might be time to swap over to the HD, they are in the same cupboard so not a problem. Alignment, don't know about that as I said both boxes come off the same LNB??
It could still be the alignment. WE have both Both Humax and Sky running off one dish and with some channels which I know are at the iffy end of the quality scale, the Sky box will frequently break up or loose signal, while the Humax struggles on and gives good picture and sound.

elsie

BBC missing

#10 Post by elsie »

BBC will shut down all the SD channels by March 2024 so HD will be the only option. Other channels will be making similar moves.

However, given there should be fast broadband in all the UK, it is possible the satellite broadcasting could stop by about 2028. The Sky Astra contact ends in 2028 and it may not be renewed at all or for more than a year or two. Sky are already promoting their Sky Q box and internet service rather than satellite broadcasting.