Radiator programmer kaput

Electricity - French regulations & supplies; Insulation, Brickwork, Roofs, Joinery, Flooring, etc
Headers

#1 Post by Headers »

As a heating backup, we have electric radiators with wireless controllers to allow on/off and holiday settings. Each rad has a control panel which can be set without the wireless receiver being used if necessary.
The central programme box has died. I sent it back to the manufacturer who kindly confirmed this and said they had no alternative.
I’m trying to source a replacement without much success.
Apart from setting all the rads manually (PIA) has anyone got any suggestions?
Could I run them fly by wire from a control point on the electricity panel?
They cost an arm and a leg to buy and I really don’t want the expense of replacing them.

RobertArthur

#2 Post by RobertArthur »

Headers, sometimes these problems are caused by simple things, a defective electrolytic capacitor (four of them) in the internal power supplies of these "black boxes". Or rather expensive flat panel tv sets. Replacing the old ones by new more reliable caps from a "Long Life" type, the black ones, brought this tv back to life, eight years ago and still going strong. Easy to repair, mind over matter, but it looks like many service departments these days are unaware of the invention of the soldering iron. Probably this suggestion for a closer inspection is a bit too late, now this box has been returned to the manufacturer.

There are many of these programmers around, all different. A name and type number would be welcome to see if there is a simple wired solution possible.

Headers

#3 Post by Headers »

The rads are applimo soleidou 2.they are sending the box back to me.
The fiche technique is here
notice_emetteur_rf-37.pdf

L Austin France

#4 Post by L Austin France »

If your rads can be programmed with required temp & will hold this info if powered off have a look at the Otio wireless systems.
Simple to install with only a radio control relay to interpose between incoming electric supply & cable outlet.
I've fitted this system to 2 x lounge rads & 2x bed rads & it's worked fine for a few years now. It will switch lots of appliances up to 2kw each at different programmed times & is not expensive.
like this https://www.amazon.fr/Pack-chauffage-t% ... r=1-8&th=1
IMG_20220603_172639_compress44.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Headers

#5 Post by Headers »

I have found an offer from ENGIE but what is the catch?[url]https://particuliers.engie.fr/content/d ... e.pdf/[url]
Last edited by Headers on Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RobertArthur

#6 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Headers, es tut mir leid, link kaputt.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cette page s’est envolée...
ERREUR 404

On a cherché partout… Mais impossible de la retrouver, désolé !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one does its job better.

Your electric radiators function as a heating back-up. They all do have a manual "hors gel" position. The extra confort with wifi controlled functions is IMO rather expensive. My personal bias: simple on/off toggle switches......probably a handicap.

Hotrodder

#7 Post by Hotrodder »

But totally reliable.

re: capacitor replacement - A real shame they won't let me take away a telly from our local tip. Always several nice looking ones in the cage there that have been dumped. I could pop in some new caps and join the 21st century for under a tenner. :roll:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

RobertArthur

#8 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Hotrodder,... and always obedient. Yesterday - thx Windows update - it took me an hour to get my wifi networked HP laserjet printer in the air again. Microsoft software kept telling me on my W11 laptop screen that I should immediately change the cartridge, a real C4127X made by HP. Fabrication date already (too?) many years ago, but new old stock. The printer if spoken to with friendly Windows 7 language and drivers performed as always, churning out perfectly black/white pages , presto tempo, leaving me with an allegro smile.

Headers

#9 Post by Headers »

RobertArthur wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:01 pm @ Headers, es tut mir leid, link kaputt.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cette page s’est envolée...
ERREUR 404

On a cherché partout… Mais impossible de la retrouver, désolé !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one does its job better.

Your electric radiators function as a heating back-up. They all do have a manual "hors gel" position. The extra confort with wifi controlled functions is IMO rather expensive. My personal bias: simple on/off toggle switches......probably a handicap.
Thankyou. But reading the leaflet, there is no cost for having these put in and it would save me a lot of hassle. That’s why I’m wondering what is the catch!

RobertArthur

#10 Post by RobertArthur »

No cost? I'm not su sure reading page 4 of that leaflet.

- L’Equipe ENGIE valide avec vous que votre installation est compatible.
- Une proposition commerciale vous est proposée avec un rendez-vous pour installer vos équipements.
- Vous signez votre contrat.
- Notre partenaire d’installation intervient. Le temps d’installation dépend du nombre de radiateurs
à équiper (en moyenne 2h pour 4 radiateurs + 20 min par radiateur supplémentaire).

In another publication they mention 9 euros.

Good question, what is the catch?