EDF Tempo

Electricity - French regulations & supplies; Insulation, Brickwork, Roofs, Joinery, Flooring, etc
RobertArthur

EDF Tempo

#11 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Blaze, supposing you have the heures creuses/heures pleines option, please take note of the opinions expressed in this thread. Sometimes the tarif base is cheaper.

Under the umbrella of the so called tarif bleu there are three options.

Blaze

EDF Tempo

#12 Post by Blaze »

Thank you RA - I have to rush out now, will look later !

Mangetout

EDF Tempo

#13 Post by Mangetout »

I shall stay as I am, Tarif bleu hp/hc. My water is heated at night, dishwasher and washing machine also run at night. Fridge and freezer run 24/7 of course. Rarely use the oven now I'm on my own. Bottled gas for hob. When the oil heating is running obviously that needs electricity for the pump. My electric bill is around 700 euros a year.

Blaze

EDF Tempo

#14 Post by Blaze »

I remember reading all sort of negative opinions about Linky around the bazaars when EDF started connecting it. We had no problems having a Linky meter installed free of charge and as I've mentioned above, our electricity bill has sincegone down. That is perhaps because we have changed/reduced our use of electricity which is reflected in the bill rather than anything to do with Linky itself.

We will probably stay as we are. Tempo is ideal for a secondaire that isn't used in the winter - there are plenty of them round here .....

glazedallover

EDF Tempo

#15 Post by glazedallover »

Like most others I am on Tarif Bleu and will stay there. The big disadvantage that I see (apart from the 22 red days) is that all your 8 hours heures creuses are now during the late evening /night 10pm until 6am I was quoted. I find my current 3 hours heures creuses from 13h00 until 16h00 very useful and I cook all meals during that time.

Blaze

EDF Tempo

#16 Post by Blaze »

glazedallover wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:17 pm find my current 3 hours heures creuses from 13h00 until 16h00 very useful and I cook all meals during that time.
We don't get that option in Brittany - for us it's 8 hours overnight (10pm to 6am). We'd love the 3 heures creuses during the day ....

RobertArthur

EDF Tempo

#17 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Blaze, thanks to the smart meter no more " The Meter Man Cometh!" stories anymore.

The French smart meter LINKY is getting better all the time, but the start was difficult.

Blaze

EDF Tempo

#18 Post by Blaze »

@RobertArthur Ah, the first link reminded me of living in married quarters : the DOE men used to go around in pairs to avoid accusations of hanky panky (why should it be any less risky in pairs ??!).

Nomoss

EDF Tempo

#19 Post by Nomoss »

We had a Tempo meter in our previous house, and saved money on our electricity by having all non-essential loads automatically disconnected at expensive times by selecting the appropriate meter programme, and planning ahead when we received advice of the next day's colour.
When we moved in 2012 I asked EDF if the contract could be transferred to our"new" house 5 km away, actually only about 100 years old. The answer was no, and I was told that the Tempo contract no longer existed.

So we changed our supplier to Poweo, who became Direct Energie, now Total Energie, and saved 10% on the standard tariff plus another small % for a paperless contract. We have a Heures Pleines/Creuses contract.

We have stopped burning pellets because of the huge price increase, and the house now uses only electricity (except for the bottled gas hob) our electricity bill for 2022 was only 30% higher than the cost of electricity plus pellets for 2013, while the cost of elect went up 55% for HP and 98% for HC.

RobertArthur

EDF Tempo

#20 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Nomoss, after the EDF had silenced the old tarif EJP around 2010, no new abonnements, they tried to do the same with the tarif Tempo. The consumer organisations protested and finally the French Assemblée succeeded in convincing Paris that this was not a very good idea. Reluctantly the EDF stopped saying no to those who insisted long enough and finally started mentioning it again in their options.