Saving energy

:house_with_garden: French DIY - challenges & solutions, Painting & Wallpapering etc.
Lori

Saving energy

#21 Post by Lori »

Sparkle wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:53 pm we dug out and climbed into sleeping bags - we were so warm that we dropped off to sleep and missed the program - fortunately I'd recorded it
I'm sorry, but that did give me a good laugh.

I can relate. We'll probably light the poêle today for the first time in at least a couple of weeks.

hughnique

Saving energy

#22 Post by hughnique »

I get it in the neck as, of course, there is something wrong with me, I sit in a tee shirt come rain or shine and am hardly ever cold, unless venturing outside. OH is constantly cold and wraps herself in a couple of tops, sits on the settee, and the next thing has a blanket around her. Feel my hands, yes sometimes they are cold, I don't know if she has a circulation problem or what, so the gas fire gets going and it turns in to a Sauna. The joys of getting old.

Hotrodder

Saving energy

#23 Post by Hotrodder »

I can't think of any actual joys, apart from being able to stay in bed a bit longer in the morning. The rest is creaking joints, pain, and waiting for the next thing to need repair.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.