Antifouling

:house_with_garden: French DIY - challenges & solutions, Painting & Wallpapering etc.
Polarengineer

Antifouling

#1 Post by Polarengineer »

Nothing to do with football.
Maybe you boat people can ask Darpa what they will use as antifouling for this manta ray.
https://newatlas.com/military/darpa-man ... botic-sub/

Hotrodder

Antifouling

#2 Post by Hotrodder »

I suspect it won't be sitting in an expensive marina berth for months waiting for its owners to arrive to sit on it drinking gin so fouling shouldn't be a concern.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Polarengineer

Antifouling

#3 Post by Polarengineer »

I believe it is designed to sit on the seabed and watch things for months on end, your spy in the depths, traveling along communication cables and pipelines looking for baddies an their left luggage. It will need some good antifouling (or maybe not for camouflage)

Bayleaf

Antifouling

#4 Post by Bayleaf »

Stunning and sinister, à la fois! I was going to ask what it's main purpose was - as they pointed out about being coy. If it's protecting communication cables and pipelines, that's a very good thing! I guess it's not armed?

Polarengineer

Antifouling

#5 Post by Polarengineer »

wrong guess. It is designed to carry payloads, (or payback loads) where monetary payments do not come into it.