Chèque énergie BOIS

French Plumbing - 'how to', supplies & regulations; Heating - options & installation; Septic tanks - regulations & installation
Hotrodder

Chèque énergie BOIS

#11 Post by Hotrodder »

I'm getting the impression the Cheque Energie is different from this one about wood for fuel. As usual, these grants are clear as mud to understand and difficult to apply for.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Bayleaf

Chèque énergie BOIS

#12 Post by Bayleaf »

Hotrodder wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:14 pm I'm getting the impression the Cheque Energie is different from this one about wood for fuel. As usual, these grants are clear as mud to understand and difficult to apply for.
Yes it is. We've just been awarded an extra chèque energie that's gone straight to EDF - we're happy with that. There is also a one-off for oil users going on. Again, I think it has to be your main source of heating, invoices to support the claim, and tax return to decide how much you can qualify for.

Hotrodder

Chèque énergie BOIS

#13 Post by Hotrodder »

We are getting the one for EDF and it is being applied automatically. I thought we weren't getting it this year because when I ventured onto their website it seemed to be saying we didn't qualify. Happily we've had a message from EDF saying it will be applied to the next bill. Hooray!
I suppose it might be worthwhile trying to find a wood supplier that will give me a proper receipt for our next load of firewood so I can try for this bois grant.

Does anyone know if there is any help out there to repair a leaking roof? I have been up there a few times and can't fix it. Paid what I could afford to a pro to have a go but it didn't work, and I think he made it worse while up there because the slates are very easily broken. I heard something along these lines a few years ago before ours started leaking like a sieve. Sounded a bit like a zero % loan that was payable when you sell the house, or something like that.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

MAD87

Chèque énergie BOIS

#14 Post by MAD87 »

https://www.service-public.fr/particuli ... its/F10871 The PTZ (Prêt à taux zéro) is not usually available to existing owners. I'd go to the mairie and ask what they can suggest in the way of aide.

Hotrodder

Chèque énergie BOIS

#15 Post by Hotrodder »

I had a look at your link. That loan might have been handy when I bought this place. It needed a huge amount of work, no electrics, no water supply, no toilet, unsafe stairs, etc. with a limited amount of money to buy and too old to get a mortgage.