Hot water tank problem

French Plumbing - 'how to', supplies & regulations; Heating - options & installation; Septic tanks - regulations & installation
Headers

Re: Hot water tank problem

#11 Post by Headers »

Doug wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:07 pm Stating the obvious but the hw cylinder should already have an isolation vanne, bad original instalation.
Yes well it was installed by a so-called plumber but I’m afraid as with some other things he did, we have had to have them redone. I think this is an addition to the list.

Doug

#12 Post by Doug »

Headers wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:07 pm
Doug wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:07 pm Stating the obvious but the hw cylinder should already have an isolation vanne, bad original instalation.
Yes well it was installed by a so-called plumber but I’m afraid as with some other things he did, we have had to have them redone. I think this is an addition to the list.
Feel for you, there are cowboys every where.

Headers

#13 Post by Headers »

The plumber came this afternoon. Took off the old groupe and put in a new one. He got soaked, swore a lot, but was very pleasant.
The bill is in the post!

mysty

#14 Post by mysty »

Headers wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:15 pm The plumber came this afternoon. Took off the old groupe and put in a new one. He got soaked, swore a lot, but was very pleasant.
The bill is in the post!
Great result you could have changed that yourself, it looks difficult but it just needs a good spanner.
On the bright side you might have picked up some new French naughty words. ;)

Headers

#15 Post by Headers »

mysty wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:53 pm
Headers wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:15 pm The plumber came this afternoon. Took off the old groupe and put in a new one. He got soaked, swore a lot, but was very pleasant.
The bill is in the post!
Great result you could have changed that yourself, it looks difficult but it just needs a good spanner.
On the bright side you might have picked up some new French naughty words. ;)
Funny thing is OH will tackle almost anything EXCEPT plumbing jobs and jobs up on the roof.

RobertArthur

#16 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Headers, to underline Mysty's remark, yes, we can : a step-by-step tutorial by SystèmeD.

Doug

#17 Post by Doug »

Talking of hot water cyclinders ( they are not tanks)
A week ago I ordered a 200 litre dual cyclinder boiler/solar from a German company, had to send a cheque as the new ca card security wouldn't work.
The cyclinder arrived at 1,30 pm, hows that for service.
Now when it gets wet there's no excuse in not plumbing up the rayburn cooker/boiler which Ive had for two years, the solar panel can wait till next year for someone to get up onto the roof.
Last edited by Doug on Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hotrodder

#18 Post by Hotrodder »

Very good service. Now scare us. Tell us what it cost. 8-)
I was intending to set up a dual system years ago but gave up the idea when I found out how much the various components would cost. Insufficient lifespan left to recoup in energy savings.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Doug

#19 Post by Doug »

Well when I first looked three years ago before my hip replacement it was €800, cost €934 now.
Like everything else prices have gone up of late.
The solar panel, its a vacumn tube one, can't remember how much, but back then it was trade. Iv'e had for a long time not having fitted it way back in the Lot.

Hotrodder

#20 Post by Hotrodder »

Sounds about right. I rejected the cylinder at the time. It was around the 900 figure. In contrast, the solar water tube panels seemed to be very affordable at Leroy Merlin. I was gutted as it would have been an easy installation and would have helped a lot when I had no income.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.