Dyno-Rod in France?

French Plumbing - 'how to', supplies & regulations; Heating - options & installation; Septic tanks - regulations & installation
Blaze

Re: Dyno-Rod in France?

#11 Post by Blaze »

Perhaps it depends where you live but in this area we've found superb artisans, 100% reliable and good at their work. Electricity is OH's area of expertise which is a big plus.
Even where we lived before we found some really good workers (French, never Brit), and always by word of mouth.

Pathca

#12 Post by Pathca »

Same for us in Allier

exile

#13 Post by exile »

also for us.

Spardo

#14 Post by Spardo »

Useless ones are evenly divided between British and French, all useless, unreliable or downright liars. The few who were good were that original plumber (French) the builders of our kitchen veranda (French) and my current mechanic (German-born French). We have always paid on the nail, as required by contract and even earlier to an English builder (who demanded money half way through when we had no kitchen/bathroom floor). One plumber (French with a Skandinavian prenom, claimed he had lots of siblings and his Mum ran out of names :o ) was good to start with but then left us in the lurch when I missed a friend's funeral for him, claimed racial prejudice (not from us) because he was a native of Bordeaux :o :lol: :lol:

Blaze

#15 Post by Blaze »

When we first came to France, we had a signed devis with a maçon which included that he would remove all debris. When his bill arrived, the debris was still there. A few days later he turned up at the door and asked if we'd received his bill. We replied that we had and then pointed to the pile of debris .... He was round the next day to take it away. Some people will try anything. However since then, we've never had a problem.
The artisans round here seem to be well thought of and as a result are inundated with work. There is generally a waiting time but so far start dates have always been honoured.

Bayleaf

#16 Post by Bayleaf »

Well, we still haven't resolved the problem of the blockage (probably a spongey clump of roots lodged in the ancient concrete water pipe - near that ruddy corner). The water is still running, and the overflow still goes on down to the Buanderie, but it's slower than usual. We had our pressure washer pipe repaired, got the little thingy (posh technical term by your's truly!) to go on the end, with the little jet going forward and lots of little jets going backwards, to help propel the hose along, backed up by a meaty petrol-driven genny, plugged into the mains water. Tried from both sides of the blockage (probably the corner), and still can't get there!

I guess the only other way, again, is to block off the water from above for a few days, to starve the roots and make them strivel up again, then blast them on with the pressure washer again...

I'm wondering if the local Fosse Septique man might be the one to ask, but don't know what other equipment he'd have.

Meanwhile, where there is an excess of water above the Regard in the field, I would imagine it's being used as a lovely watering hole for the wildlife up there, so they don't have to run the gauntlet getting down to the river! :lol:

rsm

#17 Post by rsm »

You could always look up debouchage de canalisation on google