Dashcams in Europe

:oncoming_automobile: Owning a vehicle in France, buying and keeping, Insuring, Driving licence issues, etc.
Spectrum

Dashcams in Europe

#1 Post by Spectrum »

Trying to find the legality of dashcams in Europe, it seems that if only for your personal use then they are ok except in Austria, they have different privacy laws. Elsewhere if you want to share footage, then all faces and number plates have to "Blurred/ pixelated" out. The Swiss don't like them and the Germans as well, but as far as I can make out they are not illegal, however if you want to use them in court as evidence it get complicated, so anyone any further advice on the usage of them?

beejay

Dashcams in Europe

#2 Post by beejay »

Spectrum wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:04 pm Trying to find the legality of dashcams in Europe, it seems that if only for your personal use then they are ok except in Austria, they have different privacy laws. Elsewhere if you want to share footage, then all faces and number plates have to "Blurred/ pixelated" out. The Swiss don't like them and the Germans as well, but as far as I can make out they are not illegal, however if you want to use them in court as evidence it get complicated, so anyone any further advice on the usage of them?
Good review of dashcam use ihttps://tinyurl.com/mtrksf9yn Europe

L Austin France

Dashcams in Europe

#3 Post by L Austin France »

Spectrum wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:04 pm Trying to find the legality of dashcams in Europe, it seems that if only for your personal use then they are ok except in Austria, they have different privacy laws. Elsewhere if you want to share footage, then all faces and number plates have to "Blurred/ pixelated" out. The Swiss don't like them and the Germans as well, but as far as I can make out they are not illegal, however if you want to use them in court as evidence it get complicated, so anyone any further advice on the usage of them?
Worked well for us
viewtopic.php?t=1483