Is Paris saying ‘non’ to US-style supersized cars?

:oncoming_automobile: Owning a vehicle in France, buying and keeping, Insuring, Driving licence issues, etc.
exile

#31 Post by exile »

Democracy?
And I don't mean the low turn out. That is the fault of the voters alone.
However,
Given the increased charges don't impact Parisians at all, surely it should have been the rest of the country who should have had the vote.

A.N.Other

#32 Post by A.N.Other »

Hotrodder wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:55 am I'm still looking for an answer to my question. Large or small, why do they call them a sports utility vehicle? They are neither sporty in styling or performance on a twisty road, or of any use carrying a hay bale or a large appliance. :roll:
Sport utility vehicle” appeared for the first time in 1974 in the brochure of the first generation Jeep Cherokee,

RobertArthur

#33 Post by RobertArthur »

The Cherokee in the headlights of three Jeep CJ-5s.

Hotrodder

#34 Post by Hotrodder »

The CJ series was pretty much finished and the Cherokee by comparison was a step toward making a product to appeal to a wider market, not unlike the Range Rover did after the Landrover.
imho
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

RobertArthur

#35 Post by RobertArthur »

Input = output, a recipe from the kitchen of the major of Paris, democracy à la Hidalgo, shaken, not stirred. How to write a referendum question, a crash course.