My wife's a criminal

:oncoming_automobile: Owning a vehicle in France, buying and keeping, Insuring, Driving licence issues, etc.
glazedallover

My wife's a criminal

#21 Post by glazedallover »

It must be the heat........

beejay

My wife's a criminal

#22 Post by beejay »

L Austin France wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:13 pm
beejay wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:45 pm
L Austin France wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:04 am Today she received a summons due to a speeding offence on April 2nd. Apparently her car was caught in a radar trap doing 86km/hr in a 80 limit. The 5 km allowable excess was applied giving the excess as 1 km/hr.
For this 1 km excess no licence points will be deducted but a sliding scale fine dependant when paid starting at €45 is due if paid by monday next.
Actually it was yours truly who was driving & Mme LAF has magnanimously decided not to denounce me as her licence remains 'clean'. :lol:
Still, first time for either of us in over 20 years living here so not too shabby.
If you are named as the driver you will not get any points so why the subterfuge?
No subterfuge!
Just couldn't be arsed to fill in & post off another form which would generate yet more forms which would have no effect on the outcome.Also due to the late arrival of this form there was only another two days to cough up the smaller fine before incurring a larger fine so not worth the risk of M. Le Bureaucrate deciding to charge us more.
Is that a problem for you?
Of course it was subterfuge..................deceit used in order to achieve one's goal.

Why would it be a problem for me? You post, I read, I comment. Do you not expect replies?

Some have a dislike for people who display a disregard for the law and need to post it for amusement.

L Austin France

My wife's a criminal

#23 Post by L Austin France »

beejay wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:33 pm
L Austin France wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:13 pm
beejay wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:45 pm

If you are named as the driver you will not get any points so why the subterfuge?
No subterfuge!
Just couldn't be arsed to fill in & post off another form which would generate yet more forms which would have no effect on the outcome.Also due to the late arrival of this form there was only another two days to cough up the smaller fine before incurring a larger fine so not worth the risk of M. Le Bureaucrate deciding to charge us more.
Is that a problem for you?
Of course it was subterfuge..................deceit used in order to achieve one's goal.

Why would it be a problem for me? You post, I read, I comment. Do you not expect replies?

Some have a dislike for people who display a disregard for the law and need to post it for amusement.
You know what! There was no goal other than to get this fine dealt with & paid asap. Whoever was driving & no matter how much more paperwork & time was generated the result would be the same ie a BIG FAT ZERO.
If your sanctimonious mind set can't get past that fact then that really is your problem.

glazedallover

My wife's a criminal

#24 Post by glazedallover »

Yup, definitely the heat.

ajm

My wife's a criminal

#25 Post by ajm »

Calm down children. As no points were involved what's the big issue ;)

Bayleaf

My wife's a criminal

#26 Post by Bayleaf »

I learned many moons ago, that if you're going to post a thread on a forum, you need to be prepared for positive and negative responses. Not everyone thinks the same, and even a lighthearted OP can go downhill, as people have different views on things. It doesn't have to escalate into personal nastiness.

(Puts tin hat on and waits for fallout!) :?

Char
Site Admin

My wife's a criminal

#27 Post by Char »

I am seriously getting sick to the back teeth with the continual back biting and sniping that's been going on recently - we don't have any moderators on here because you are all supposed to be grown ups.

Please start behaving like adults and can we get this forum back to the relaxed place it used to be. We've already lost one long term member who posted regularly and I really don't want to lose any more!

We never used to have this problem on here - disagree with each other by all means but do it politely or sit on your hands.

glazedallover

My wife's a criminal

#28 Post by glazedallover »

but he started it miss...... :angel:

Hotrodder

My wife's a criminal

#29 Post by Hotrodder »

They must be putting something in the water. It's happening elsewhere. Must be troll season.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.