Road sign

:oncoming_automobile: Owning a vehicle in France, buying and keeping, Insuring, Driving licence issues, etc.
Sparkle

Road sign

#1 Post by Sparkle »

Came back from Mayenne today and noticed a road sign with a picture of the sun with rays all around and the figure 90 circled and below a picture with a cloud and falling rain and the figure 80 circled. For one daft moment I was trying to work out what the meteo had to do with anything - then 💡 I got it :lol: I've never seen one of those signs before - very clever I thought.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Liz

Road sign

#2 Post by Liz »

Never seen one either!
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

niemeyjt

Road sign

#3 Post by niemeyjt »

I guess after the 90 -> 80 -> 90 debacle they had the opportunity to make some new signs and rules.

ajm

Road sign

#4 Post by ajm »

Speed limits are normally lower when there is rain.

beejay

Road sign

#5 Post by beejay »

Sparkle wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:55 pm Came back from Mayenne today and noticed a road sign with a picture of the sun with rays all around and the figure 90 circled and below a picture with a cloud and falling rain and the figure 80 circled. For one daft moment I was trying to work out what the meteo had to do with anything - then 💡 I got it :lol: I've never seen one of those signs before - very clever I thought.
Are you sure someone hasn't aded the weather icons as there doesn't appear to be any authorised panneaux for such.

I did find a website which shows these signs but gives no detail about the authorisation for use.
limitations-de-vitesse-en-france.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sparkle

Road sign

#6 Post by Sparkle »

@beejay I really have no idea but it looked like a 'proper' sign - no colours as in your signs above just black & white with the figures in red circles. Having come off the 'Gandon' roundabout on the N12 it was positioned on the D34 road to Lassay Les Chateaux.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

exile

Road sign

#7 Post by exile »

@beejay
The last sign is found quite frequently at the start of motorways close to foreign borders - well Germany, Luxembourg and SW Belgium anyway. That would have been pre-2013 when I retired, so that one has been around for quit a while.

beejay

Road sign

#8 Post by beejay »

exile wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:37 pm @beejay
The last sign is found quite frequently at the start of motorways close to foreign borders - well Germany, Luxembourg and SW Belgium anyway. That would have been pre-2013 when I retired, so that one has been around for quit a while.
With sun and cloud/rain icons? Or like this

https://tinyurl.com/2p85j6eu

which appears to be the only authorised sign.

exile

Road sign

#9 Post by exile »

I've seen that one as well but the first one you showed with the sun logo and rain logo and underneath the 90 (as was) for open roads and 50 for towns and then bizarrely in English "Drive on the right". All this on one large placard.

Char
Site Admin

Road sign

#10 Post by Char »

Sparkle wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:55 pm Came back from Mayenne today and noticed a road sign with a picture of the sun with rays all around and the figure 90 circled and below a picture with a cloud and falling rain and the figure 80 circled. For one daft moment I was trying to work out what the meteo had to do with anything - then 💡 I got it :lol: I've never seen one of those signs before - very clever I thought.
These have just popped up just after the exit to the duel carriageway near here.