Buying fashion in Paris

🛒 Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
Spectrum

Buying fashion in Paris

#11 Post by Spectrum »

Fortunately or un-fortunately all are clothes are less than six years old, that's what a house fire does to them, :roll: bit drastic I know good enough to get a new wardrobe literally. Took the other thread on "Clothes drying" to the extreme though ;)

L Austin France

Buying fashion in Paris

#12 Post by L Austin France »

I had some great denim shirts & jackets which my granddaughters have perloined & wear a lot.
Apparently their mates are jealous of the 50 year old gear. :D

Wilbro

Buying fashion in Paris

#13 Post by Wilbro »

I bought a fabulous Austin Reed denim jacket back in the '70s but where did it disappear to? :?

Hotrodder

Buying fashion in Paris

#14 Post by Hotrodder »

When I met the latest mrs.H I had several great pairs of skinny jeans and various denim shirts. All gone to the charity shop. She decided the anorexic look didn't suit me so she fattened me up considerably. Now its baggy T-shirts and elastic waisted jogging bottoms (?) for comfort. Resistance is futile. :|
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

MAD87

Buying fashion in Paris

#15 Post by MAD87 »

Why resist if you're comfortable, HR?
I live in jogging bottoms and Crocks from choice. Needless to say, I won't be jogging anywhere.

Chappers51

Buying fashion in Paris

#16 Post by Chappers51 »

I changed my dress style when I retired. I was fed up of wearing suits (skirt or finally trousers) dresses and jackets, heels and makeup.

I finally got rid of all of that about 5 years ago, keeping just a couple of summer dresses, some comfortable shoes, flat, walking or low heels, one jacket and a couple of pairs of decent trousers. I’m far happier in walking trousers, (winter, long or short for summer), fleeces and tee shirts.

I live on my own,with Raffi, occasionally take my neighbour to Bergerac where we have lunch, but I don’t need to dressup. Smart casual and comfortable is the way to go.

My neighbour always laughs when I disclose the age of some of my clothes, although I’ve had to ditch many as they became too small - or rather I’ve expanded🤣.

L Austin France

Buying fashion in Paris

#17 Post by L Austin France »

MAD87 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:29 pm I live in jogging bottoms and Crocks from choice
I love my Crocs. Wear 'em all the time if possible. :D

Polarengineer

Buying fashion in Paris

#18 Post by Polarengineer »

L Austin France wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:11 pm
MAD87 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:29 pm I live in jogging bottoms and Crocks from choice
I love my Crocs. Wear 'em all the time if possible. :D
Bedtime must be awkward?

Spectrum

Buying fashion in Paris

#19 Post by Spectrum »

Are crocs those horrible, muti coloured, smelly plastic things, ill fitting, ghastly looking things that are bad for your feet? in my day kids from poor families wore plastic shoes, they are only slightly worse than "Jesus" sandals worn all year round and in all weathers, bring on the knacked feet and arthritis, proper shoes/trainers/ boots for outdoors and slippers indoors, ladies in high heels for both if so inclined :shh:

L Austin France

Buying fashion in Paris

#20 Post by L Austin France »

Spectrum wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:54 am Are crocs those horrible, muti coloured, smelly plastic things, ill fitting, ghastly looking things that are bad for your feet? in my day kids from poor families wore plastic shoes, they are only slightly worse than "Jesus" sandals worn all year round and in all weathers, bring on the knacked feet and arthritis, proper shoes/trainers/ boots for outdoors and slippers indoors, ladies in high heels for both if so inclined :shh:
You obviously ain't got a clue :crazy:
Smelly? Don't think so! Easily & quickly washed if required unlike 'proper shoes'
Bad for your feet? Don't think so! Check out the number of hospital staff who wear them.
Ill fitting? Don't think so! No different than any other shoes if you're not bright enough to buy the correct size.
Bring on the knacked feet and arthritis? don't think so! My feet are in excellent nick after wearing Crocs for years. :ugeek:
Ghastly looking? I like 'em. Who cares what you think they look like.