Bargains at Noz

🛒 Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
L Austin France

Bargains at Noz

#11 Post by L Austin France »

My closest was Newton Abbot which was rebuilt after a fire destroyed a lot of it.
According to the local online rag folk are complaining how tatty everything now is.
Couldn't say that about our Noz, could you? ;)

Hotrodder

Bargains at Noz

#12 Post by Hotrodder »

I certainly could. Littered outside with down and outs drinking beer and wine in the car park and littered inside with half eaten bisquits & snacks and canned cokes, etc. left among the goods.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Naylor's Ark

Bargains at Noz

#13 Post by Naylor's Ark »

Hotrodder wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:37 pm I certainly could. Littered outside with down and outs drinking beer and wine in the car park and littered inside with half eaten bisquits & snacks and canned cokes, etc. left among the goods.
Which one is that. I'll be sure to give it a wide berth. :?

Hotrodder

Bargains at Noz

#14 Post by Hotrodder »

Guingamp in 22. And similar in St.Jean d'Angely in 17 apart from the drinking in the car park.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

L Austin France

Bargains at Noz

#15 Post by L Austin France »

Hotrodder wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:17 am Guingamp in 22. And similar in St.Jean d'Angely in 17 apart from the drinking in the car park.
Makes our local Concarneau branch sound quite sedate & sophisticated.
The only car park drinking I've seen ( & participated in) is crafty snifters of their wine to test if it's worth buying more, which it often is.
We always carry a corkscrew & glass in the car for this sole purpose......Honest! :D

beejay

Bargains at Noz

#16 Post by beejay »

Hotrodder wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:17 am Guingamp in 22. And similar in St.Jean d'Angely in 17 apart from the drinking in the car park.

Looks OK to me. https://tinyurl.com/2xwk9tfp

DominicBest

Bargains at Noz

#17 Post by DominicBest »

I grew up close to the ‘Liskeard’ site and as a child a trip to Trago was always a real treat. My parents knew the Robertsons reasonably well, they had met through one of my mother’s friends who provided support for their deaf son. Mike Robertson was instrumental in setting up and supporting Cornwall’s Air Ambulance. I have shopped in the Falmouth branch a few times and driven passed the Newton Abbot site hundreds of times but never visited. The original was a great institution that added something special to the shopping experience in our area.

OTBC

Bargains at Noz

#18 Post by OTBC »

Back to Noz.....

This weekend in Saumur. Zip fire lighters. Box of 28 for €1.49 box of 20 in the Intermarché, €5.39..... I think someone made a mistake....bought six boxes!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

L Austin France

Bargains at Noz

#19 Post by L Austin France »

Their Wagner pizzas from the freezer cabinet are excellent. Always buy a few for 'stock' when they're available.
We defrost & bung 'em in the oven on a preheated pizza stone for great crispy base. :D

Naylor's Ark

Bargains at Noz

#20 Post by Naylor's Ark »

L Austin France wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:30 am Their Wagner pizzas from the freezer cabinet are excellent. Always buy a few for 'stock' when they're available.
We defrost & bung 'em in the oven on a preheated pizza stone for great crispy base. :D
They have really nice sour dough pizzas occasionally. We grab them if they're in. Also Nespresso Coffee capsules are far cheaper. One of my biggest bargains was #5 size zips. Probably not of interest to a lot of people but I use them on my bag making. Normally one zip costs about €2. I picked up a large bag of 50 zipps for €2.50!
Needless to say I bought a bag of every colour they had.