Scan on sherlock

:dog2::cat2: Keeping dogs, cats and all other pets in France
manonthemoon2

Scan on sherlock

#1 Post by manonthemoon2 »

Firstly I do apologise for going on about my cat but today was his scan.

We started our day at 05.45, it's a 2 & a half hour drive to Toulouse from ours.

Our appointment was for 9, we were there at 8.30.

The surgeon vet examined Sherlock, he found no pain and good movement of his hind legs and tail. Sherlock, being a "lord" took it in his stride, even being à jaune.

We trotted off to IKEA for the 6 hour wait, had rubbish fish & chips for lunch (not up to their usual standard).

Went back to collect Sherlock at 3, and waited until 4.30 to see the vet. By this time we felt very tired, and grumpy.

So, diagnosis, a fractured bone at the base of his vertebrae connecting to his tail.

Treatment for now non surgical, cage rest for 4 weeks. If he later develops pain, incontinence then he will need surgery.

Relief!

..... cage rest difficult daytimes as he shares space with Sykes but we will remove anything he can jump on, except the bed 🛌 and at night he can go into a caged area (with plenty of room).

A relief day but also frustrating and very tiring.

This morning when the vet examined him he said what a beautiful cat!

He truly is

Sunrise on the way to Toulouse and my beautiful cat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by manonthemoon2 on Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pathca

Scan on sherlock

#2 Post by Pathca »

Good that you now know what you are dealing with

niemeyjt

Scan on sherlock

#3 Post by niemeyjt »

Do they have any thoughts on how it happened, to prevent recurrence?

suein56

Scan on sherlock

#4 Post by suein56 »

Really good news for Sherlock but what a tedious day for you two.

Fingers crossed that the semi-confinement helps him heal.

exile

Scan on sherlock

#5 Post by exile »

Fabulous news. He should be truly on the mend. So pleased - for him and you.

Blaze

Scan on sherlock

#6 Post by Blaze »

What a relief to know what the problem is - no wonder he was in such pain before.
He is a beautiful cat ... I can't imagine him taking kindly to being in a cage though the cage is probably to stop him jumping or doing any movement where he might move his tail. Not easy because cats express so much with their tails !

Sparkle

Scan on sherlock

#7 Post by Sparkle »

@manonthemoon2 no need to apologise as you are not 'going on' about your cat. Speaking for myself I am always happy to hear & see photos of Sherlock & Sykes. It's so good to hear that at last you know the problem and can deal with it. Please keep the updates/photos coming and I think it's time you took a rest yourself whilst you can 😸
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

manonthemoon2

Scan on sherlock

#8 Post by manonthemoon2 »

niemeyjt wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:34 pm Do they have any thoughts on how it happened, to prevent recurrence?
Vet suggested hit by a car, but as he is an indoor cat we know that is not the problem. Other suggestion was a fall, or possibly Sykes jumping on him when the two kittens were playing.

manonthemoon2

Scan on sherlock

#9 Post by manonthemoon2 »

I'm just chilling Mum :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blaze

Scan on sherlock

#10 Post by Blaze »

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ that's one cool happy cat !