Saying goodbye

:dog2::cat2: Keeping dogs, cats and all other pets in France
Blaze

Saying goodbye

#1 Post by Blaze »

We said goodbye to Sweep today. She was 14½ and although it was not entirely unexpected, it still took us by surprise. When I rang the cabinet this morning, I was told that our wonderful vet would be unavailable all week but we could see someone else (out of the question). However, when the receptionist talked to our vet, he rearranged his timetable and fitted us in at 2pm ... and he would not let us pay. His kindness was overwhelming ....
Sweep is now in the garden next to Bimbo, who we lost earlier this year at 15½.

It's the first time we've ever been without a dog .... we aren't going to rush into anything, but sooner or later I'm sure a dog will choose us ....

Sweepy.JPG
This was the two of them on New Years Day this year ....

BimboSweepy - copie.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gene

Saying goodbye

#2 Post by Gene »

Much sympathy.

Enjoy your happy memories.

Veem

Saying goodbye

#3 Post by Veem »

We feel your pain Blaze - they couldn't have had a better life and they will be with you still.
Veem & Biggles xx

Polly

Saying goodbye

#4 Post by Polly »

That’s so sad, Blaze. Sweep and Bimbo are just beautiful; you must have such stores of lovely memories after spending so long together, but it must be so hard for you just now - sending you hugs. Your vet sounds so kind.

suein56

Saying goodbye

#5 Post by suein56 »

Commiserations Blaze.
That lovely photo touched me when you posted it here earlier this year .. your dogs were both gorgeous.
How lucky all 4 of you were to be able to enjoy your lives together for so many years.
What wonderful memories you must have.

manonthemoon2

Saying goodbye

#6 Post by manonthemoon2 »

So sorry Blaze, what a lovely photo.

DominicBest

Saying goodbye

#7 Post by DominicBest »

I feel you pain. I lost a good friend earlier this year.
F894BBD0-36BA-4760-9C58-570E2F42B627.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blaze

Saying goodbye

#8 Post by Blaze »

Thank you everyone for your kind postings. Yes, we have many many wonderful memories .... they take up such a huge place in our hearts, and their love is unconditional. It sounds a bit schmaltzy but it's true.
They always came camping with us, under canvas and more recently in the caravan (or rather in the auvent !) They were such easy, uncomplicated dogs and loved everyone. Both became deaf during the last couple of years of their lives, but we found it very easy to adapt our way of communicating and it was never a problem. I would now always teach a dog hand signals at the same time as a vocal request.
@DominicBest A Berger suisse ? He certainly looks at home there ! Ours loved the car - Bimbo would jump in any time the rear door was opened whether we were going anywhere or not !

DominicBest

Saying goodbye

#9 Post by DominicBest »

Her favourite place but she also did canoes. Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
A8F156BE-A955-4EFE-B7E6-3A2AA8324F4A.png

exile

Saying goodbye

#10 Post by exile »

Commiserations for the loss of a good friend Blaze.