First time in company

:dog2::cat2: Keeping dogs, cats and all other pets in France
Lori

First time in company

#21 Post by Lori »

Chappers51 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:23 am I hate to see cats wandering around my feet in restaurants and indeed up on tables and worktops in friends houses, especially when I’ve been invited to eat.
I don't like that either. Cats go from giving themselves an all over bath to walking on the kitchen countertops where the meal is being prepared... Ughhh.

Yes, on our anniversary lunch outing to a rather poshy chateau restaurant, an older couple were seated at the table next to us. They had two very large (and pretty) dogs with them. The dogs were well behaved, but their owners - not so much so. They not only fed them from the table, they allowed them to swipe their tongues on the lunch plates - while owners were still eating their lunch !! Eeekk

Blaze

First time in company

#22 Post by Blaze »

Lori wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:24 am Yes, on our anniversary lunch outing to a rather poshy chateau restaurant, an older couple were seated at the table next to us. They had two very large (and pretty) dogs with them. The dogs were well behaved, but their owners - not so much so. They not only fed them from the table, they allowed them to swipe their tongues on the lunch plates - while owners were still eating their lunch !! Eeekk
I rest my case regarding my comment about some of the French and their table manners. It can be a disgusting sight. It's disrespectful to those who run and work in the restaurant too.

Wilbro

First time in company

#23 Post by Wilbro »

It's a good job some of you didn't live 100+ years ago when livestock shared the living accommodation :lol:

ajm

First time in company

#24 Post by ajm »

Wilbro wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:42 pm It's a good job some of you didn't live 100+ years ago when livestock shared the living accommodation :lol:
Animals living with you is not a problem it can be when it is other people's beasts in public places

Wilbro

First time in company

#25 Post by Wilbro »

Calm down, it was a lighthearted joke! Emoji?

ajm

First time in company

#26 Post by ajm »

Wilbro wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:02 pm Calm down, it was a lighthearted joke! Emoji?
I'm one of the calmest people around.

Loup-garou

First time in company

#27 Post by Loup-garou »

LIVE AND LET LIVE | English meaning - Cambridge Dictionary
— said to mean that people should accept the way other people live and behave, especially if they do things in a different way.

Not that calm then?

ajm

First time in company

#28 Post by ajm »

Loup-garou wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:45 am LIVE AND LET LIVE | English meaning - Cambridge Dictionary
— said to mean that people should accept the way other people live and behave, especially if they do things in a different way.

Not that calm then?
I'll bet there are some things that you see in your life that you don't like or disagree with.
Have a nice calm day :D