Off to school next week

:dog2::cat2: Keeping dogs, cats and all other pets in France
Lori

Off to school next week

#11 Post by Lori »

Oh no ! Something similar happened to us with our Collie. However, he did NOT obey commands to come back to us. He insisted on following the dog on the loose that he saw. I ran for what seemed like miles (in my pajamas!) before I could catch him. Had to beg a neighbor to borrow a leash to walk him home.

So glad that Jessie followed your command.

L Austin France

Off to school next week

#12 Post by L Austin France »

Strikers permitting Mme is off to the UK tomorrow for a week & I'm home alone with a chap doing some long awaited painting.
Because of this it'll be difficult for me to walk Jess twice a day & do the horsey things etc. whilst attending the decorator so Jess is off on her hols to the 'lady with lions' for a week or so.
I'm expecting loads of videos showing Jess with the lions & hopefully it'll work out fine for all of us.
Us'll see :lol:

L Austin France

Off to school next week

#13 Post by L Austin France »

Mme took Jess to ladies yesterday & she seemed to know something was up.
Phone call this morning that as soon as she left Jess had a little play with the lions then spent ages jumping at the gate & fences.
She didn't settle with her bed in the little entrance porch she trialed at &, as she does at home, stuck her head through the cat flap & succeded in ripping it out of the wall.
It was obvious she wasn't going to settle so lady phoned & I brought her home to avoid any more stress.
Five hours later she's still wandering about looking for her mistress so hopefully she'll settle before bedtime.
Seems like I'll be dog walking along with other animal chores for the next week or so.
Bummer but nobody died :)

Lori

Off to school next week

#14 Post by Lori »

Seems as though she had a sixth sense and knew this was not an overnight play date.

Might take a little more time.

Blaze

Off to school next week

#15 Post by Blaze »

Sorry to hear that, LAF. I think it's one of the drawbacks of adopting an adult dog. Rafal seems to settle in kennels - he's put with other dogs during the day, and he seems to be okay when we go out and leave him at home. However, if one of us (particularly me apparently) isn't here, he definitely notices it and becomes watchful.

L Austin France

Off to school next week

#16 Post by L Austin France »

She was a bit needy when I brought her home but now back to her normal laid back self.
Im still home alone so took Jess to boules today where she behaved impeccably.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blaze

Off to school next week

#17 Post by Blaze »

❤️
Perhaps it's early days, LAF. We've notice huge changes in Rafal over the 9 months we've had him. It was about 3 months or so before he wagged his tail and about 6 months before he completely lost the wary look he sometimes had.

A change of home can be incredibly traumatic for a dog even if they don't necessarily show signs. It can take a long time before a dog feels secure enough that he doesn't mind being left somewhere. I heard that when you go out and leave a dog on his own, he believes you'll never come back. True or not ? Who knows ...

L Austin France

Off to school next week

#18 Post by L Austin France »

I've been 'home alone' with Jess for just over a week now & she's been fine.
Took her for walk around one of our local lakes this morning where the water, after lots of rain, was lapping the walled edges.
Jess loved the shallow overspill & was happily playing in it when she fell off the wall into the lake.
Didn't seem to bother her & she soon got back onto 'dry land'.
At least it proved she can swim :lol:
Mme's back tomorrow morning so it'll be interesting to see that reunion.

Blaze

Off to school next week

#19 Post by Blaze »

Well at least that's just water. Rafal met a Griffon (!) on the beach this afternoon, snarled at it and it ran away. He gave chase and the two of them ran into the vase, that horrible smelly sandy clayey mud that is the baie de Mont Saint Michel. Fortunately there's a freshwater stream that runs down the hill to the beach so when we got there, he had a thorough wash (didn't mind the cold water a bit !)

IMG_0559 2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.