Planning on pools

🏊 Buying, building and maintaining pools and swimming ponds in France.
Doug

Re: Planning on pools

#11 Post by Doug »

Don't think [mention]Char[/mention] that ponds have an area of paving round them, at least ones I've made havn't.

exile

#12 Post by exile »

Judging by flying into various S European airports, the bright blue or sometimes white colour is a real give away. Depending on height above ground, you can even see the demountable above ground ones from the set into the ground permanent ones.

Chappers51

#13 Post by Chappers51 »

I had to get planning for my pool and they even came to measure the distance between the edges of the pool and the boundary fences, one side was 3 cm out, but I was told it wouldn’t be a problem. Since then I’ve bought that small patch of land.

I changed my pool shed earlier this year, the old one was just less that 5m2 and the new one just over 6m2 so I had to get planning for that.

Doug

#14 Post by Doug »

Doug wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:11 pm Don't think @Char that ponds have an area of paving round them, at least ones I've made havn't.
Then of course we mustn't forget the required fence around pools.
With my last pool in the Lot i planted an evergreen hedge round it.
Not good enough so had to erect a fence.

Spectrum

#15 Post by Spectrum »

Yes, they are strict rules for protection of pools, but as mentioned earlier what about swimming ponds? they can be just as dangerous, a fence round one of them is not going to look nice.

Char
Site Admin

#16 Post by Char »

Spectrum wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:36 pm Yes, they are strict rules for protection of pools, but as mentioned earlier what about swimming ponds? they can be just as dangerous, a fence round one of them is not going to look nice.
That's what I was thinking - if you have a pond in your garden, how will anyone know if you swim in it or not.

Doug

#17 Post by Doug »

Spardo would,

mysty

#18 Post by mysty »

Doug wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:11 pm Don't think @Char that ponds have an area of paving round them, at least ones I've made havn't.
Last year a UK singer cannot remeber his name tried to say his swimming pool was a pond, cannot remeber what happened in the end.
Off to google :)

mysty

#19 Post by mysty »

Spardo

#20 Post by Spardo »

Char wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:08 pm
rsm wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:21 pm how does it work for swimming ponds?
Good question - how does one tell the difference between a swimming pond and an ordinary pond? :?
I have no idea, but then I had no idea that pools need planning either. My pond is amongst the trees and I can't see the house on Google Earth, much less the pond. They might get a bit of a shock if they catch me swimming
No cozzie. :o :roll: