Planning on pools

🏊 Buying, building and maintaining pools and swimming ponds in France.
Doug

Planning on pools

#1 Post by Doug »

Did you get planning, have you recently purchased a property with a pool?
Seen on mid day French news that some departments are signing up Google to sat-spy properties for non declared swimming pools.
Be aware big brother is watching.

Char
Site Admin

Re: Planning on pools

#2 Post by Char »

Big brother's always has been watching around here even without google - they regularly fly over with light aircraft or helicopters spying with their beady eyes and taking photos.

Doug

#3 Post by Doug »

Yes [mention]Char[/mention] they do here as well mainly to check up on farmers and their subventions..
They did years ago back in the Lot, our farmer neighbour and friend was told off for claiming one, showing him a photo with a different crop.
He in no uncertain words told them to get up to date as after cutting a silage crop no sub. he cultivated the field and planted maize sub.

Pathca

#4 Post by Pathca »

Our pool has been visible on google earth for years. Tbh I don’t see what the problem is ,if you build /buy something that needs planning permission and you don’t have that permission then you know the chance you are taking

Doug

#5 Post by Doug »

Pathca wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:41 pm Our pool has been visible on google earth for years. Tbh I don’t see what the problem is ,if you build /buy something that needs planning permission and you don’t have that permission then you know the chance you are taking
No problem to me, I was just posting what was on F3.

mysty

#6 Post by mysty »

I have heard they use that to see if your house has got bigger, no suprise if they are looking out for pools.
Extra taxes. :lol:

Spectrum

#7 Post by Spectrum »

As Char said been checking for a long time, that's why you can only have pool liners in certain colours, dark ones look very nice a bit like a bottomless pool, but can be dangerous, as people have dived into them thinking that they were deep, sometimes with tragic consequences, also they cannot be seen from the air.

rsm

#8 Post by rsm »

how does it work for swimming ponds?

Blaze

#9 Post by Blaze »

Not just swimming pools being spied upon : any extras like building extensions, verandas etc so that the fisc can check you are paying your taxes :P

Char
Site Admin

#10 Post by Char »

rsm wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:21 pm how does it work for swimming ponds?
Good question - how does one tell the difference between a swimming pond and an ordinary pond? :?