Swimming pool: a one day project?

🏊 Buying, building and maintaining pools and swimming ponds in France.
Message
Author
mysty
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:00 pm

Re: Swimming pool: a one day project?

#11 Post by mysty »

Hotrodder wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:46 pmLeeches?
others call them expats ;)

User avatar
Char
Site Admin
Posts: 2831
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:24 pm
Location: Creuse

Re: Swimming pool: a one day project?

#12 Post by Char »

mysty wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:55 pm
Hotrodder wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:46 pmLeeches?
others call them expats ;)
Behave - I'm an immigrant thank you. ;)

Doug
Posts: 1971
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:22 pm
Location: Nouvelle Aquitaine

Re: Swimming pool: a one day project?

#13 Post by Doug »

mysty wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:55 pm
Hotrodder wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:46 pmLeeches?
others call them expats ;)
You speak for yourself. :?

mysty
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:00 pm

Re: Swimming pool: a one day project?

#14 Post by mysty »

Char wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:09 pm
mysty wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:55 pm
Hotrodder wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:46 pmLeeches?
others call them expats ;)
Behave - I'm an immigrant thank you. ;)
I hate the word expat.

suein56
Posts: 939
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:16 pm
Location: southern Morbihan

Re: Swimming pool: a one day project?

#15 Post by suein56 »

Char wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:09 pm Behave - I'm an immigrant thank you. ;)
No .. you are not. I have been 'told off' in the old-fashioned sense of the word at least twice in our 16 years here in France. Once for telling our neighbours that OH and I were 'immigrants' and once by the dear lady at the Préfecture (back when they were open for other than just 'carte de séjour').
No .. apparently, we are European neighbours (we were then) .. so friends and not otherwise.

Spardo

Re: Swimming pool: a one day project?

#16 Post by Spardo »

suein56 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:42 pm
Char wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:09 pm Behave - I'm an immigrant thank you. ;)
No .. you are not. I have been 'told off' in the old-fashioned sense of the word at least twice in our 16 years here in France. Once for telling our neighbours that OH and I were 'immigrants' and once by the dear lady at the Préfecture (back when they were open for other than just 'carte de séjour').
No .. apparently, we are European neighbours (we were then) .. so friends and not otherwise.
I have had the same experience from time to time, in the best sense of the word, people obviously often equate the word immigrant with unwanted incomers and I have often had the sense that people are anxious for us not to feel that we are thought of in that way. I once made a lighthearted reference to the success of the FN and was met with an expression of genuine concern, 'that doesn't mean you' was the theme at my reference to our impending expulsion if FN came to power. Brexit really brought home to me with great sadness, my loss of European Citizenship.

Doug
Posts: 1971
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:22 pm
Location: Nouvelle Aquitaine

Re: Swimming pool: a one day project?

#17 Post by Doug »

Brings back a memory of when I first came to France, went to a village do and the mayor came up to me, put his arm round my shoulder and said "hello fellow european, welcome"
I was the only English person in the commune at that time.

User avatar
RobertArthur
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:10 pm
Location: Nièvre

Re: Swimming pool: a one day project?

#18 Post by RobertArthur »

Definitely not a one day construction project, a real swimming pool by a rather professional DIY enthusiast. At an affordable price.

Post Reply