Sparkle

#1 Post by Sparkle »

This post is just to say check that everything is correct that is pre-filled on the 3916 from previous years. I completed my tax form online today and I was thinking oh they will be right nothings changed - no I was wrong but fortunately I spotted it. I found that on the 3916 form two of our joint accounts did not have OHs name box ticked as well as in previous years. I then found that two of his own accounts were no longer tick boxed to him the box for myself had been ticked instead. Don't know if I'm making any sense at all just wanted to point out my experience - guess their updated system for the 3916 has caused the problem?
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Hotrodder

#2 Post by Hotrodder »

When we have attempted the online forms in the past the pre-printed stuff was often incorrect. We always go in for help face to face now. They clearly hate it but that's tough.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Hotrodder

#3 Post by Hotrodder »

While waiting for a RDV request to get a response I had a go at the online form just for a laugh. I was completely unable to bring up the form 3916 to check it was filled. I even ticked a box further down the 2042 to try to add a new bank account but still no opportunity to fill anything out. Then at the very end I couldn't get to the last stage prevented by a message:
Anomalies to correct
Attention : Your statement contains one or more anomalies that you must correct as indicated in the wording.
810-02 /1AL, 1BL, 1CL, 1DL, 1EL, 1FL WITHOUT 8TK INPUT
Correct my statement

I recall someone mentioning 8TK in the past so I backtracked to find it. The description before it doesn't make sense so I have given up.

I would have thought if they are keen to see what our income is in order to take some of it, they would make it a hell of a lot easier to give them the information.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

ajm

#4 Post by ajm »

Well said Hotrodder. As the goal posts seem to move every year we leave our affairs in the hands of an expert tax man even though they are fairly simple. For me it's not worth the hassle doing it myself.
Last edited by ajm on Wed May 08, 2024 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elsie

#5 Post by elsie »

Hotrodder, You need to tick 8UU Comptes ouverts, détenus, utilisés ou clos à l’étranger Joignez la déclaration no 3916 – 3916 bis ... on 2042 to bring up 3916

You should complete the first couple of pages of 2042 which just give your basic information and then select 2047 from the LHS of the online screen to state all the foreign income. At the end of 2047 the information will be transferred back to 2042.

2047 is really only a worksheet to help with the declaration on 2042 and needs to be completed first.

As I've mentioned before, There is a step-by-step guide in English by Isabelle Want of BH-Assurances on how to complete the tax form online which should be relevant for most declarations https://bh-assurances.fr/how-to-declare ... ax-online/

Hotrodder

#6 Post by Hotrodder »

ajm wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:15 pm Well said Hotrodder. As the goal posts seem to move every year we leave our affairs in the hands of an expert tax man even though they are fairly simple. For me it's not worth the hassle doing it myself.
Our income is too low to ever pay any tax so paying a professional (even if we could find one) would be money wasted.
We have been unable to even find an English speaking notaire to help us write wills.

Hotrodder

#7 Post by Hotrodder »

elsie wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:32 pm Hotrodder, You need to tick 8UU Comptes ouverts, détenus, utilisés ou clos à l’étranger Joignez la déclaration no 3916 – 3916 bis ... on 2042 to bring up 3916
8UU has been ticked. 3916 comes up on the left but clicking it only takes me back to the start of 2042.

You should complete the first couple of pages of 2042 which just give your basic information and then select 2047 from the LHS of the online screen to state all the foreign income. At the end of 2047 the information will be transferred back to 2042.
I don't know what I just did but the list of annexes appeared and I found 2047 on it and ticked it.

2047 is really only a worksheet to help with the declaration on 2042 and needs to be completed first.
Thanks. It appears to have been a well-kept secret that this has to be filled out first, but to get to the list to tick it, I had to wade through the 2042 first.

As I've mentioned before, There is a step-by-step guide in English by Isabelle Want of BH-Assurances on how to complete the tax form online which should be relevant for most declarations https://bh-assurances.fr/how-to-declare ... ax-online/
I tried the guide in the link but the screenshots in it didn't look the same as the ones on my screen.

I will have another go tomorrow after a night's sleep. Cheers.

elsie

#8 Post by elsie »

Hotrodder wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:23 pm I tried the guide in the link but the screenshots in it didn't look the same as the ones on my screen.
I'm not sure what is different apart from the screen shots not being the full page (as you can see from the scroll bars on the RHS)? Only the part of the screen relevant to the commentary is shown.

elsie

#9 Post by elsie »

elsie wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:05 pm
Hotrodder wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:23 pm I tried the guide in the link but the screenshots in it didn't look the same as the ones on my screen.
I'm not sure what is different apart from the screen shots not being the full page (as you can see from the scroll bars on the RHS)? Only the part of the screen relevant to the commentary is shown.
Sorry Hotrodder, you are correct. I'd not looked at the screens for 2047 in detail and I agree those in the guide are not the same as for the current declaration. They are for the previous year which have just been carried over.

Hotrodder

#10 Post by Hotrodder »

No worries. I appreciate the effort you make, always in the spirit of helpfulness. :)