Blood tests

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
ajm

Blood tests

#1 Post by ajm »

Called at the lab. on tuesday and made an appointment for today (earlier ones were available). Tested at 0847h results emailed at 1221h. Brilliant as usual. C'mon UK get your act together!

Pathca

Blood tests

#2 Post by Pathca »

This time last year I had (in the UK ) blood tests at 9.30 am at the GP Surgery,they then had to be taken to the lab and before 5pm I had a phone call asking me to make an appointment to discuss the results

hughnique

Blood tests

#3 Post by hughnique »

I normally make our 3 monthly blood tests on line, however, of late it's gone pear shaped, last time in December I did not receive confirmation to verify the RDV, and I had to go back up to get the results as they were not received on my e mail. For the past 3 days I have attempted to book on line again, and a repeat of no confirmation e mail, so rung them and explained said I wanted 10th at 09;30 and 09:35, OK all booked in, but those times are still available on the website, what is not available are those times on the 17th, the only times taken so it looks as though the silly moo has booked me a week later another call tomorrow.

rabbit

Blood tests

#4 Post by rabbit »

At our lab no appointment is necessary. I just turn up and wait my turn for about 15mins. The results are emailed by midday showing the result, the norm and the previous result. Excellent service.

Blaze

Blood tests

#5 Post by Blaze »

Our lab has been overwhelmed since our vaccination/PCR centre closed at the end of January. As PCR tests are still required before hospitalisation, they are getting far more people coming in and no extra staff to cope. It's not the tests that take the time, it's the admission bit when they arrive.

Mangetout

Blood tests

#6 Post by Mangetout »

It's hit and miss at our lab. I receive my results by post, sometimes the results arrive within 2 days and on occasion it can take a week or more.

Char
Site Admin

Blood tests

#7 Post by Char »

rabbit wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:07 am At our lab no appointment is necessary. I just turn up and wait my turn for about 15mins. The results are emailed by midday showing the result, the norm and the previous result. Excellent service.
Same here, which is handy because we can just drop in when we're going shopping or something.