Changes to eligibility for S1 holders to C2S

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
Quiksilver

#51 Post by Quiksilver »

That's excellent news!

Quiksilver

#52 Post by Quiksilver »

For info if anyone is intending to apply: The plafonds (maximum income limits) for 2023 can be found in this link: https://www.complementaire-sante-solida ... 202023.pdf. Bear in mind the penalty forfait for being a homeowner. Brit nationality is now classed as 'other'.
The application form has been streamlined to 4 pages, very simple, although no mention of 'pensions de retraite' in the income categories. I just used the general, top line and wrote pension de retraite in the margin. You need to calculate your total, worldwide income (not including non-taxable savings like Livret As etc), so just salaries, pensions and other revenue from taxable sources.
My département still doesn't accept online applications but yours may....

Nomoss

#53 Post by Nomoss »

Quiksilver wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:10 am My département still doesn't accept online applications but yours may....
Mine does, but I reached the end of the application and was told to submit one to my CPAM. Possibly because they cannot obtain our income from its sources, which are all outside France.
I intend making a paper application shortly, but have contracted to pay my mutuelle until September, so will discuss this with the broker.

Quiksilver

#54 Post by Quiksilver »

Trotted off to our local CPAM this morning. A post-Covid refinement to the hoops to be jumped through is the locked door, with no way of letting the staff know that you've arrived for your RDV :D You stand outside like a lemon until they deign to come and let you in :roll:
Although you're forewarned of the need for copies of avis d'imposition and taxe foncière, you'll most likely be asked for justificatifs of income if it's source is UK. French or UK bank statements, with the latter converted to euros where appropriate.
They seemed au fait with the recent changes, even in sleepy Marmande, so it looks as though a memo has done the rounds :clap:

Char
Site Admin

#55 Post by Char »

Well that's good news so far at least they didn't send you away with a flea in your ear - fingers crossed the rest of it goes as smoothly.

Quiksilver

#56 Post by Quiksilver »

I'm gobsmacked! Received a phone call on Wednesday to say the application has been accepted (on a contributory basis) and to suggest that we call in to the office again today to finalise the paperwork. This is not the CPAM we've come to know and dread :D What about the obligatory three "we've never received the paperwork " s? The usual "ah but we need xxx in triplicate and signed in blood"? The fonc was actually chatty and friendly :shock: Is it all a joke or a belated April Fool? If not, the times they are a-changing, and definitely for the better!

Mangetout

#57 Post by Mangetout »

How nice to get a helpful fonc. Rarer than hens teeth round here. Makes such a difference to life when that happens.

Quiksilver

#58 Post by Quiksilver »

How very true!