Lucy Letby

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
Wilbro

Lucy Letby

#31 Post by Wilbro »

@niemeyjt @Pathca
Regarding Letby being the "killer type" or not this is a particularly interesting take on the argument from a psychologist

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... t-murderer

rabbit

Lucy Letby

#32 Post by rabbit »

An interview in The Times today with the former deputy nursing director. She said she thought Letby innocent up until the guilty verdict. As did a number of her colleagues.
“A source at the Countess of Chester said: “There are still a small number of people on the neonatal unit who think she is innocent. They are finding it difficult to believe she could have done it, because for so long they were fed the narrative that Letby was being blamed by consultants who were making excuses for their own mistakes.”

Wilbro

Lucy Letby

#33 Post by Wilbro »

I'm convinced she is guilty but prison is the wrong place for her. She will be a target for other inmates and could well be a victim of violence or even worse. Could she also be a suicide risk? Surely a secure mental institution is the place for her as she must have mental health problems.

Nomoss

Lucy Letby

#34 Post by Nomoss »

I haven't followed the case closely and am probably unaware of all the evidence, but my first thought was that the deaths could be some kind of misguided mercy killing.

I was under the impression that babies are put in neonatal units if they are ill or born prematurely.

Is it also possible that those killed were disfigured or impaired in some way, and that it is not PC to mention this?

rabbit

Lucy Letby

#35 Post by rabbit »

@Nomoss One poor baby was left a quadriplegic following the attack on its life so I don’t believe there is any mercy motive.

rabbit

Lucy Letby

#36 Post by rabbit »

I read in The Times today there is a group on SM who believe she is innocent and are attempting to crowd fund a medical expert to dispute some of the prosecution evidence. They also almost caused a retrial by discussing the evidence and naming the victims while the trial was taking place

rabbit

Lucy Letby

#37 Post by rabbit »

Further shocking revelations in The Times today. A paediatrician reports that she wrote to management complaining that the unit was under staffed and not fit for purpose. She had just completed a 21 hr shift and her colleague 23 hours. The blood test reports that showed abnormal levels of insulin were posted from the lab
and put to one side and ignored. The unit had no computer. This was 2016 and not even a pc to receive emails of tests. That is an issue that mgmt could fix in a day.

exile

Lucy Letby

#38 Post by exile »

rabbit wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:10 pm Further shocking revelations in The Times today. A paediatrician reports that she wrote to management complaining that the unit was under staffed and not fit for purpose. She had just completed a 21 hr shift and her colleague 23 hours. The blood test reports that showed abnormal levels of insulin were posted from the lab
and put to one side and ignored. The unit had no computer. This was 2016 and not even a pc to receive emails of tests. That is an issue that mgmt could fix in a day.
Of course they couldn't.
Firstly they would have to provide a case study to Finance who would need to approve the expenditure at their next quarterly meeting.
Then the procurement process would require tenders to be submitted, with then second round negotiations to get the price offers reduced.
An HSE review would need to be carried out and staff would need to be trained - don't push anything into the wall socket except the plug, which has to be inserted this way up. Do not touch the metal bits while pushing the plug in etc..
There would need to be written instructions for the use of the machine.
IT would need to assign user names and then train staff about the use of safe passwords, how to turn the machine on and off.

You and I would just go to Currys!

rabbit

Lucy Letby

#39 Post by rabbit »

@exile in an earlier life I worked for a time on the NHS IT project.
What an absolute mess. In the past some bright spark had decided that each area health authority should be able to source their own IT systems. Consequently no standards for data storage, messaging, intercommunication, imaging etc. Many health authorities bought packages from various US companies. Some were from US companies that went out of business. Consequence was islands of IT solutions that didn’t talk to each other and cost an earth to maintain and were all different. If a consultant in Manchester wanted to share an X-Ray image with a consultant in London. No chance. The Blair govt set about spending billions in trying to fix it. But unfortunately much of the money was wasted in trying to fix the un fixable. It would be interesting to hear from Pathca or anybody else in the NHS what the IT systems are like now.

Pathca

Lucy Letby

#40 Post by Pathca »

At the level I use them they do the job but a few years ago I attended the rheumatologist,who asked for some investigations and referred me to the podiatrist.The podiatrist was in the same building but could not access the rheumatologist notes We ended up ringing my GP and getting them to read the consultant letter with the results in out to hr