Lucy Letby

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
rabbit

Lucy Letby

#1 Post by rabbit »

Horrific story. I have been following the case and I would be interested to know what medical evidence was used to convict her. Yes there is circumstantial evidence and her scribblings but that on its own would not be sufficient to convict her on murders. None of the babies had post mortems ( which seems odd) so how was it possible to determine that she had injected air, milk or insulin rectrospectively? Nothing published that I can find

niemeyjt

Lucy Letby

#2 Post by niemeyjt »

I think the trial lasted nine months - so I guess there was quite a lot of evidence presented.

Utterly horrendous - so pleased she got a whole life tariff - I hope no appeals judge changes that.

Pathca

Lucy Letby

#3 Post by Pathca »

She looked after my nieces friends babies both very premature and they really liked her ,the mum is now very conflicted because it could easily have been her children

Blaze

Lucy Letby

#4 Post by Blaze »

rabbit wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:40 pm None of the babies had post mortems ( which seems odd) so how was it possible to determine that she had injected air, milk or insulin rectrospectively?
I read somewhere that it's the symptoms shown by the babies that determined why they died.

From the scribblings, it would certainly seem that she had mental health issues. A lot of people must be feeling the same as the people you are talking about, Pathca. A mixture of horror and relief.

Wilbro

Lucy Letby

#5 Post by Wilbro »

Terrible story of ruined lives including Letby's. Usual tale of stupid management but I also think she is criminally insane and guilty as hell but is prison the right place?

Pathca

Lucy Letby

#6 Post by Pathca »

I have personal experience of the hospital,it’s not got a good reputation locally

niemeyjt

Lucy Letby

#7 Post by niemeyjt »

Pathca wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:31 pmI have personal experience of the hospital,it’s not got a good reputation locally
Let us hope, for once, that inept and negligent managers get held to account. The doctors' warnings seem to have been clear and ignored.

Now I read they want to rename the hospital - I am sure that'll fix the managerial deficiencies.

Bayleaf

Lucy Letby

#8 Post by Bayleaf »

There's a real stench about this whole tragedy. Despite warnings from people working closely with Letby, the powers that be seemed to protect (?) her and be in total denial. To the point where the concerned colleagues had to apologise to her, and back off?

They're complicit in this too, and if they don't resign out of shame, they should be struck off.

niemeyjt

Lucy Letby

#9 Post by niemeyjt »

They should be facing manslaughter charges such is their level of complicity.

And while on the subject, another case bubbling away is that of Andy Malkinson - wrongly convicted of a 2003 rape and who served 17 years in Prison. The Criminal Cases Review Commission seems to have been guilty of numerous failures to review DNA evidence available since 2007. Now, it appears, the CCRC is also in full cover-up mode - and their head - Helen Pitcher - has been refusing any and all interviews to discuss the case. According to his lawyer on R4 today, they are holding an inquiry - but have yet to contact the central character - Andy Malkinson himself. Cover-up on the way! Oh, talking of Helen Pitcher, she has apparently got eight jobs including the judicial appointments commission, a charity, a business consultancy, and a membership network for chairs of public bodies, as well as being a non-executive director of United Biscuits and a surgical health provider to the NHS. I am not sure how anyone can do a decent job with 12.5% of their effort. Total greed, again - not to mention a conflict of interest.

And don't get me onto the awful Paula Vennells and the ongoing atrocious treatment of sub-postmasters in the Horizon debacle.

Some people seem to be able to cover up and lie and not be held to account.

Bayleaf

Lucy Letby

#10 Post by Bayleaf »

niemeyjt wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:12 am They should be facing manslaughter charges such is their level of complicity.
Absolutely