Diagnosis

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
suein56

Diagnosis

#21 Post by suein56 »

hughnique wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:03 am Skenan is one, the other is Surgam
Can only agree with Lori ..
Surgam is an old non-steroidal medicine .. it has been superseded by other AINS medicines with less aggressive side effects. Might be a good idea to see your Dr again.

Pathca

Diagnosis

#22 Post by Pathca »

Having looked at the potential side effects of the Surgam ( it’s not one I am used to) I agree there’s much better out there

Mangetout

Diagnosis

#23 Post by Mangetout »

I have suffered a similar experience and was admitted to hospital because the nosebleed was so heavy and unstoppable, it was caused by my anti platelet drug, does you're wife take a similar drug? I live in dread of it happening again because it was really scary.

hughnique

Diagnosis

#24 Post by hughnique »

Sods law went to the docs on the off chance of seeing him and the shutters were down and a note saying the cabinet was closed as the medecins were en greve. Along to the pharmacy saw the prescriber and he said suspend the Surgam and see doc next week.

Lori

Diagnosis

#25 Post by Lori »

The dreaded Friday the 13th grève ! Thank God for pharmacies. I hope your OH will be able to get some rest tonight without another flair up. Any chance her doctor has Saturday hours (ours does)?

Terrible Mangetout. I cannot imagine how frightened you must have been.

Mangetout

Diagnosis

#26 Post by Mangetout »

Thank you Lori. It's more frightening now because I'm on my own. But I can't spend too much time living in fear. Life has to go on.

Lori

Diagnosis

#27 Post by Lori »

Mangetout wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:28 pm Thank you Lori. It's more frightening now because I'm on my own. But I can't spend too much time living in fear. Life has to go on.
Keep the portable beside you at all times.

Mangetout

Diagnosis

#28 Post by Mangetout »

I'm one of those rare birds that doesn't have a mobile phone.

Lori

Diagnosis

#29 Post by Lori »

Mangetout wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:37 pm I'm one of those rare birds that doesn't have a mobile phone.
Sacrebleu !! If you are on your own, you really should have one at your side at all times.

Chappers51

Diagnosis

#30 Post by Chappers51 »

Thé alternative is to sign up for one of the support systems. Your Doctor, the Pharmacy or the Marie will have details of those available in your area.
You will have a bleeper to press in an emergency. My sister used one in the UK, although I believe she tended to over use it. I know there’s a cost, but it’s worth it for peace of mind.