Diagnosis

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
DaveW

Diagnosis

#31 Post by DaveW »

Mangetout wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:37 pm I'm one of those rare birds that doesn't have a mobile phone.
You must seek support through your doctor to provide what every person in the french system is entitled to, an infirmier and support services because it sounds that you are at risk. Surely you have a telephone in case of emergency, you cannot go on living in fear. Is it a language issue?

Mangetout

Diagnosis

#32 Post by Mangetout »

Thank you all for your concern. It's not a language issue, I just haven't got round to organising a mobile contract. I know it's sensible and I'll do it this week.

hughnique

Diagnosis

#33 Post by hughnique »

Well the doc now admits he gave her medication too strong and replaced the morphine with a mixture of Tramadol, Doliprane and Ibuprofen, but now another problem rears it's ugly head. She has a lifelong allergic reaction to anything containing egg or egg product, hence no flu jab, also penicillin is a no no, which then points to type 2 diabetes meds, he suddenly changed those about 6 weeks ago, from Jardiance to Synjardy, one assumes that this would be a perfectly acceptable swap, but then she develops, after approx. a month of taking the replacement, a sicky feeling and a complete loss of appetite, then actual sickness and diahorrea, so the normal google search on side effects points to this Synjardy, she mentioned this to him when he gave her the latest painkillers, but it was just glossed over, yesterday she stopped taking it and, I know it seems like a Lazarus moment, this morning she is a lot brighter, still has a slight sicky feeling, but is active again. I think it is time to confront him again regarding these tabs. I can remember our old doctor giving her a blood pressure tablet with an ace inhibitor, after a few weeks she developed the most horrendous cough, he would have none of it until we insisted he changed it, cough disappeared within a couple of weeks, if there is a side effect she gets it, the doctor does not seem to appreciate this, perhaps time for a change again.

niemeyjt

Diagnosis

#34 Post by niemeyjt »

Just a warning - you mention the loss of appetite and you mention ibuprofen - ibuprofen must be taken with food otherwise it causes duodenal ulcers.

Pathca

Diagnosis

#35 Post by Pathca »

The Synjardy contains Metformin which can affect the GI tract

hughnique

Diagnosis

#36 Post by hughnique »

It seems that whatever medication is prescribed, some people have a reaction, so then you have to take something else to counter that problem. She is off the painkillers at the moment, as that has subsided somewhat, she still has the original Jardiance in the cupboard so is back on them, just hope that doesn't cause another flare up.

Pathca

Diagnosis

#37 Post by Pathca »

Polypharmacy is an issue that has been recognised for a long time

Blaze

Diagnosis

#38 Post by Blaze »

Pathca wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:05 am Polypharmacy is an issue that has been recognised for a long time
I can remember that from when my mother was on multiple pills. It can be a very delicate balance getting it right and everyone is different.

niemeyjt

Diagnosis

#39 Post by niemeyjt »

My UK GP said you don't need them but it is a good idea at your age to take statins.

Not sure if that was correct - and I don't given the other meds I do take - just to reduce the polypharmacy risk - especially as one of my Swiss meds is no longer approved by NICE, IK understand.