Dépistage for kidney function

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
Headers

#1 Post by Headers »

Just got an email from my regular lab inviting me to go for a kidney function dépistage.
Frightened me silly. I’ve already got stage 4 BC and now this.
My MT knows all my numbers as I have 2 full blood checks a year so I’m not sure I want to put myself through this.

manonthemoon2

#2 Post by manonthemoon2 »

Is it an invasive test? Sorry to hear you have stage 4 BC, if you don't mind me asking where has it spread?

I had BC twice, in remission now but more recently had Ovarian cancer. I've never heard of a kidney check.

Headers

#3 Post by Headers »

manonthemoon2 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:10 pm Is it an invasive test? Sorry to hear you have stage 4 BC, if you don't mind me asking where has it spread?

I had BC twice, in remission now but more recently had Ovarian cancer. I've never heard of a kidney check.
Ive had stage 4 since 2015. It jumped to my bones. Never even knew I had it. It got picked up at my standard mammogram,I had a TEP scan and bingo it was on my spine and ribs.

manonthemoon2

#4 Post by manonthemoon2 »

Headers wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:25 pm
manonthemoon2 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:10 pm Is it an invasive test? Sorry to hear you have stage 4 BC, if you don't mind me asking where has it spread?

Ive had stage 4 since 2015. It jumped to my bones. Never even knew I had it. It got picked up at my standard mammogram,I had a TEP scan and bingo it was on my spine and ribs.
Oh dear, so sorry.

Lori

#5 Post by Lori »

Headers wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:51 pm My MT knows all my numbers as I have 2 full blood checks a year so I’m not sure I want to put myself through this.
That would give me a scare too. Perhaps the 'invitation' is just a matter of procedure. If I understand, the first tests are urine and blood draws. If anything looks odd, a repeat is scheduled for 3 months later. If still suspect, an échographie and bacterial analysis is done. All this could be different for individual patients with different existing conditions.

As suggested, I'd ask the MT for guidance. You have a lot on your plate Headers. I wish you the best results possible on all fronts.

MAD87

#6 Post by MAD87 »

@Headers Bon courage!
I recently had a kidney dépistage as a result of blood in my pee. Glad to say all negative after a scan / extra blood & urine tests.

L Austin France

#7 Post by L Austin France »

Following my first visit to a heart doctor a few years ago I had to do what I assume was a kidney dépistage to check filtration.
This consisted of collecting 24 hrs worth of pee in a large container & depositing same at the local lab. Didn't realise how much a days worth of pee was until I had to carry it from car park to lab.
Turns out all was borderline but OK :)