Ouch!

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
DominicBest

Ouch!

#11 Post by DominicBest »

Sorry to hear about your accident. I have a soft spot for Newfoundland dogs after watching a few demonstrating life saving exercises in La Rochelle. They are big and I certainly wouldn’t want to be knocked over by one.

Chappers51

Ouch!

#12 Post by Chappers51 »

So sorry to hear about your accident Liz. Boisterous dogs do need owners capable of handling them and good training. Raffi, at a third that weight sometimes catches me unaware, but thankfully I’ve not fallen, yet.

I'm pleased you have good friends at hand to help you out. Take care.

hughnique

Ouch!

#13 Post by hughnique »

We used to be friendly with an English couple in the village, until we found out he was a flasher, I digress, they had two of these Newfoundland dogs, I made the mistake of going round there with a brand new pair of black trousers on and of course both of them immediately went to the normal spot for depositing slobber. It looked as though, when dried, I had become somewhat excited, nice big white staining, it took 3 washes to get rid of it. Her attitude was that if you don't like it don't come round

Bayleaf

Ouch!

#14 Post by Bayleaf »

Best wishes for a quick recovery, Liz.

That's my one bugbear with dogs. Unless they're really well trained, you always end up being greeted by them (often boisterously so you have to brace yourself!) before the owner. There's one exception, two dogs (whippet and large greyhound, so fairly lightweight) where I go riding, seem to prefer me to their owners, and I love them back equally, and I love it when they greet me, and stand leaning against me waiting for some attention! When we had a dog (collie x springer) in Devon, he used to mount the farmer's leg if ever he came to see us - probably because his minging trousers smelt too good to resist. :lol: We'd be growling at him to get down, but the farmer didn't even seem to notice! :lol:

Seriously though, big, boisterous dogs can clearly be unintentionally dangerous, and if I didn't know them well enough to know how to prepare myself for their amorous attack, I'd be pretty p*ssed off!

Liz

Ouch!

#15 Post by Liz »

Thanks for all your kind thoughts xxx
I start physio tomorrow to get my fingers moving, luckily we have one in the village just across the road from us
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

MAD87

Ouch!

#16 Post by MAD87 »

Good luck with the recovery, Liz. It takes time, whether one is "elderly" or "not elderly".And as Pathca says, don't stint on pain relief.

Naylor's Ark

Ouch!

#17 Post by Naylor's Ark »

Take care Liz. Maybe you could use a Zimmer frame to defend yourself with. Being elderly an all. :lol:

Veem

Ouch!

#18 Post by Veem »

Poor you Liz - I hope your physio works out well. Perhaps you'll be encouraged to exercise your fingers on a keyboard once they're moving better.

I just have to play my trump card here though. Our 600 kg horse was plainly warned off a freshly laid pile of hay by his herd boss. He duly shot forward in trot and caught me in the blind spot horses have directly in front of them. He swept me off my feet on his face and deposited me a few feet further on my back. Most horses are mortified if they accidently hurt a person and I came round to see his big face inches from mine, wondering what on earth I was doing there. That was a memorable 'Ouch' moment too!