Toe nail job

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
hughnique

Toe nail job

#1 Post by hughnique »

Some time back I had an ingrowing toenail sorted at the local hospital, local anesthetic, beforehand I had to see the surgeon, and the anesthetist, to ensure things were in order. Having the same problem with the other foot I approached the same doctor to make a RDV, and was told he is not doing that now you will have make a RDV at Angers, which I have done for this coming Friday at 16:20 hrs. The secretary is, or seems to be, unsure as to what this RDV is about, Bring a friend to drive you back if he does it there and then, is the general tone of her e mails. Surely this new doctor needs to know that I am diabetic, that I am on blood thinners, I remember the previous anesthetist advised me to stop the blood thinners the day before, plus it seems a little late in the day to start surgery, I have always had that in the morning, bit of a quandary as to what to do now.

Hotrodder

Toe nail job

#2 Post by Hotrodder »

Could you get some advice from your GP? Let him know you are concerned that this could easily go wrong if everyone involved is not up to speed.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Bayleaf

Toe nail job

#3 Post by Bayleaf »

Hotrodder wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:36 am Could you get some advice from your GP? Let him know you are concerned that this could easily go wrong if everyone involved is not up to speed.
+1 definitely!

hughnique

Toe nail job

#4 Post by hughnique »

I have sent the secretary another e mail asking them to confirm what the RDV intentions are. OH has her Carpal tunnel this afternoon so I doubt she will be able to drive, "no change there then"

Blaze

Toe nail job

#5 Post by Blaze »

Hotrodder wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:36 am Could you get some advice from your GP? Let him know you are concerned that this could easily go wrong if everyone involved is not up to speed.
+2
The other thing is to ask your GP if he can give you an ordonnance for an ambulance taxi if neither you or your OH can drive.