What's for Dinner?

:fork_and_knife: :wine_glass: Wining & Dining in France, eating out, where to buy quality food and drinks, cooking & recipes etc
exile

Re: What's for Dinner?

#31 Post by exile »

exile wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:54 pm A bit early in the season yet for asparagus - except for imported stuff from Peru.

Even wit the mild weather I would not expect our bed to produce anything for at least a month.
Perhaps rather pessimistic on my part. Weeding the bed this morning I found the first head just breaking the soil surface.

demi

#32 Post by demi »

A chilli from the freezer. Hardly cooked this week as my kitchen tap broke & I've been waiting for a new one, which arrives this afternoon. Very tricky cooking without running water. Lots of eggs & salads have been eaten this week.

Char
Site Admin

#33 Post by Char »

I've copied this across from WDiF as it was quiet a popular thread and it seemed a shame to see it going to waste as no-one seems to be posting over there now.

Doug

#34 Post by Doug »

Ah [mention]Char[/mention] you had me worried for a couple of minutes, seeing something I was supposed to have posted 18 mins ago and having no memory of it.

Char
Site Admin

#35 Post by Char »

Doug wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:20 pm Ah @Char you had me worried for a couple of minutes, seeing something I was supposed to have posted 18 mins ago and having no memory of it.
t'is a bit complicated changing the dates of posts and I don't feel like doing it at the moment. :lol:

Doug

#36 Post by Doug »

Char wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:24 pm
Doug wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:20 pm Ah @Char you had me worried for a couple of minutes, seeing something I was supposed to have posted 18 mins ago and having no memory of it.
t'is a bit complicated changing the dates of posts and I don't feel like doing it at the moment. :lol:
Don't bother now.
To answer whats for dinner.
Magret with salad mixed.

Veem

#37 Post by Veem »

A lazy meal tonight as I am sick to the back teeth of dreaming up a meal every day.

So we're having shop bought gnocchi (chicken and ricotta filling) with tomato passata and parmesan.

I might make more of an effort tomorrow, but the selection of 'fresh' vegetables I can buy locally is really quite depressing. What I call fine beans already going mouldy, broccoli already yellow, dried out leeks, rotting onions. They're not exactly inspirational.

Doug

#38 Post by Doug »

Not only whats for dinner but at what time do you usualy eat? English or French time.
Now for us its apero time, do you partake?
If so whats your poison.
Ours is Richard being French ;) :)
Last edited by Doug on Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veem

#39 Post by Veem »

We usually eat around 7 in the evening. Sure, we partake of a drop of apero, in fact we are partaking as I type. Biggles has either pineau or Madeira and I'm partial to a drop of sherry.

suein56

#40 Post by suein56 »

Veem wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:22 pm A lazy meal tonight as I am sick to the back teeth of dreaming up a meal every day.

.. but the selection of 'fresh' vegetables I can buy locally is really quite depressing. What I call fine beans already going mouldy, broccoli already yellow, dried out leeks, rotting onions. They're not exactly inspirational.
I guess we are fortunate living in Brittany, from the point of view of the availability of excellent, local vegetables. Which is lucky seeing as I don't eat meat so vegs are of utmost importance to me.
OH also grows quite a lot of of vegs .. which helps a lot as food shopping hereabouts in the summer when the holidaymakers are about is fraught.

Edit : We are 'apero'ing as I write .. OH has a glass of red usually and I have a glass of rosé or dry white .. sherry we keep for Christmas 😊🌲